NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling/Wishing Death in Leslie Jones Hack

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

[R] Trolling/Wishing Death in Leslie Jones Hack

Postby Gauthier » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Outright stating that making a movie is justifiable grounds for violent vigilante action to be taken against another person, in this case Leslie Jones:

The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
So if someone capitalizes on the doxx and injures or kills her you'd call that fair retribution as well?

If someone (Hacked Victim) commits a crime (Association in the making of the terrible movie) then that would possibly leave them open to "Vigilante justice" as I would call it, it's fair game now. :ugeek:
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:09 pm

Trolling by intentionally using a term that the user was requested not to make.

Greater Orensta wrote:
The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates wrote:My opening posts were just being edgy for shits and giggles. I got more serious over on as I put my two cents in.

Also

Dicks out for Harambe.

already did the harambe meme
Neutraligon wrote:Do not call me kiddo.

kiddo

Emphasis mine.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:18 pm

The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
You really should look up the rules to this forum, as it is your actions can get you warned or banned from this website

You needn't worry about me, I know when to go and stop, I've been doing this for a while. :p

Admitting to purposely stepping on the line.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Ebliania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebliania » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Greater Orensta wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Shrug I already reported them. Since they seem to be unable to debate without trolling I see no reason to pay any more attention to them. They are not worth my time.

As to the OP, find a prosecute the offenders.

you say that like you are important

Flamebait.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Response editing without making it clear what was edited.

Thaerania wrote:
Greater Orensta wrote:and answered it.

Fixed that for you.

The original exchange:

Greater Orensta wrote:
Thaerania wrote:I saw what you said.

and ignored it
Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thaerania
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thaerania » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:Response editing without making it clear what was edited.

Thaerania wrote:Fixed that for you.

The original exchange:

Greater Orensta wrote:and ignored it

If you can't see what was edited in a two word sentence, than you need some serious help.
Formerly Miarie, banned for dissent 25/8/16. When talking about me in F7 threads, please refer to my old nation, Miarie.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Thaerania wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:Response editing without making it clear what was edited.

The original exchange:

If you can't see what was edited in a two word sentence, than you need some serious help.

From the One Stop Rules Shop:

Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player. It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person. Also included under flamebaiting is malicious quote editing, changing the contents of a quoted post without showing the original text, either through color changes or strike-out.

Thaerania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Thaerania » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Thaerania wrote:If you can't see what was edited in a two word sentence, than you need some serious help.

From the One Stop Rules Shop:

Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player. It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person. Also included under flamebaiting is malicious quote editing, changing the contents of a quoted post without showing the original text, either through color changes or strike-out.

Quote editing can be flamebaiting, but not all quote editing is flame baiting.
Formerly Miarie, banned for dissent 25/8/16. When talking about me in F7 threads, please refer to my old nation, Miarie.

Kanaria
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanaria » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Thaerania wrote:

You deleted and replaced the entire original content of Orensta's post without a trace.
That is malicious quote editing.
That is flamebaiting.

Federal Republic of Kanaria-
57 federal entities, 863.2 million people, $40.67 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.38. North Pacific, 1,500 miles west of San Fransisco.

Federal Republic of Kanaria- 57 federal entities, $154 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.39. Northern Ruson, Arctic/Anican/Pacific Ocean, 69 lightyears from San Fransisco, Chi Eridani system.
Liberal
Federalist
Republican
Democrat
Statist
Cishet male

American
And silly rabbit, Kanaria's a caliphate.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Thaerania wrote:

Okay. We'll leave it up to the moderators to decide.

Thaerania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Thaerania » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Kanaria wrote:
Thaerania wrote:Quote editing can be flamebaiting, but not all quote editing is flame baiting.

You deleted and replaced the entire original content of Orensta's post without a trace.
That is flamebaiting.

There is a trace, further up in the thread. "Fixed that for you" implies I edited it. Explain how it incites flame.

Kanaria
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanaria » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Thaerania wrote:
Kanaria wrote:You deleted and replaced the entire original content of Orensta's post without a trace.
That is flamebaiting.

There is a trace, further up in the thread. "Fixed that for you" implies I edited it. Explain how it incites flame.

Ah, I missed that.
In that case I suppose I'll satisfy myself with only one mod bootprint on my ass for spamming, and show myself out.

Federal Republic of Kanaria-
57 federal entities, 863.2 million people, $40.67 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.38. North Pacific, 1,500 miles west of San Fransisco.

Federal Republic of Kanaria- 57 federal entities, $154 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.39. Northern Ruson, Arctic/Anican/Pacific Ocean, 69 lightyears from San Fransisco, Chi Eridani system.
Liberal
Federalist
Republican
Democrat
Statist
Cishet male

American
And silly rabbit, Kanaria's a caliphate.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:46 am

viewtopic.php?p=29723561#p29723561
viewtopic.php?p=29723575#p29723575
viewtopic.php?p=29723588#p29723588
viewtopic.php?p=29723600#p29723600
viewtopic.php?p=29723617#p29723617

Additionally:
Thaerania wrote:

The original exchange:

*** 1 day ban for repeated flamebaiting ***

Thaerania wrote:

It is when you do not leave the original material and completely change what was said.
Kanaria wrote:
Thaerania wrote:Quote editing can be flamebaiting, but not all quote editing is flame baiting.

That is flamebaiting.

You're not reporting anything. You should not be commenting on this thread. Report threads are not discussions. Unofficial warning for spamming.
Last edited by Katganistan on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation