NATION

PASSWORD

Appeal- A warning

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Appeal- A warning

Postby New Roman Empire » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:04 pm

This is a disclaimer now, I am not telling anyone how to moderate. But I have experience as being a mod on other games.

So all this transpired from this thread. So we are in a FT alliance and we wanted to condense these threads under a single nation. which in order to do so, the OPs needed to request it. So the alliance leader made the request and we made posts to say we give our consent to condense the threads. The mod gave out a spam warning, well I agree with the fact that our posts were not needed, but again you need the OPs consent. But I don't think a spam warning is really appropriate in this manner.

So I confronted the mod about it, and as you see the screen shots. That is what transpired, which I was trying to fully understand the extent of it all. I don't think that was a warrant to block my TGs. A mod should be reasonable and understanding to assist the community and not block a member of the community.

Again, I personally hold no ill will against the mod, but I don't think that he should have reacted in that manner. But that is again just from my experience as being a mod. I fully understand if you believe I am in the wrong here, and I will accept the consequences. That is if you think I am in the wrong on this matter.

New Roman Empire wrote:
Galactic Economy and Security wrote:The RPing group GESO is moving its threads to this, single shared account. Please merge:

GESO GA: This: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=367875 with this: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=384841. Raw'Hein will be on give his OK shortly.

Allied Powers InfoNet: This with this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=384842. TFU will be on give his OK shortly.

SIU Database: This with this here. New Roman Empire will be on give his OK shortly.

GESO OOC: this with this here

go ahead.

Rawhein wrote:Kat, I had the players post their consents in direct response to what happened the last time.

Katganistan wrote:They have been split off, but as you are NOT the OP of the OOC thread, that player will have to request these be merged into his: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p28112535

So these are clearly not spam, and are directly related to our request. If we hadn't posted, you'd have told us off for that - and doubtless, if we had posted a new thread then you'd have told us off for not putting it in the megathread. And if we'd posted them as individual requests, you'd have told us off for making them hard to keep track of. We just can't win, can we?

Katganistan wrote:There is no need whatsoever for empty "I agree" posts in the Move thread.

The Fedral Union, Rawhein, New Roman Empire, *** warned for spamming. ***

Last edited by New Roman Empire on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Sending up the mod signal so you can have your second opinion.

You should also know that GHRs and the Moderation Forum are where one appeals, not moderator's personal inboxes. Official business needs to be logged so other mods/admins can access it easily.
Last edited by Katganistan on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:00 pm

There was no need for "I agree" or "I consent" posts from all the players involved. If you had done that via telegram or RMB posts or in the related thread, there'd be no issue. One post requesting the action was sufficient. The subsequent posts were unnecessary and constituted spam.

A moderator's inbox is for personal correspondence. It is not a place to lodge appeals. Moderators may block players from sending them telegrams. It's not a common practice but not against site rules governing Moderator conduct. Any and all queries, comments, complaints, appeals etc related to a Moderator's actions (or lack thereof if a report is non-actionable) belong in either Moderation or submitted through a Getting Help Request.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Return to Moderation