NATION

PASSWORD

[R] 2016 US Election Political Nicknaming Report Megathread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finlarvat
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Finlarvat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:01 pm

New West Guiana has referred to "Crooked Hillary" twice in the GE Megathread since the last post here:
New West Guiana wrote:After she wipes the floor with him (Donald Trump) and his numbers take a dive get ready for these words: Crooked Hillary Clinton rigged the debate to make me look bad.

New West Guiana wrote:So will anyone create a drinking game for the first debate in six days? Benghazi, Crooked Hillary, mental health, emails, will be mentioned about 20-50 times each.
AllAboutFinlarvat.fv | FINLARVATIAN ELECTION SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
"NationStates is a marathon, not a sprint." Nobody has finished, but 188,000 people (inc. 35,000 newbies) are still running.

FBS.fv (FBS Online) Headlines (manned by Christian Entver; as of 6th May 2017, our Foreign Politics Editor is still in unintentional exile in Jankau-Helmutsberg): | BREAKING (20:15 FST, 5 October): President Mattia Hokkinen exiled in City of Tinhampton | OUT-OF-CHARACTER: Finlarvat to stop role-play; will cease to exist immediately | TERRITORY CLAIMS: Finland claim former Finlarvatian territory as their own | REPUBLICAN DEMOCRATS: UPDATES SUSPENDED

Finlarvat Day: 7th August. Next elections: CANCELLED. Timezone: FST (GMT+01:30).
Manned by... Nobody. Well, we have been nuked!

New nation: Tinhampton

Finlarvat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Finlarvat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:00 am

More political nicknaming:
Thermodolia wrote:
Communist Xomaniax wrote:Tbh the only reason I haven't defected from the Dems is that pretty much all the third parties either suck or advocate supporting the Dems.

And that's only because of the orange menace. If it wasn't for Trump not one of those parties would be doing that
"NationStates is a marathon, not a sprint." Nobody has finished, but 188,000 people (inc. 35,000 newbies) are still running.

FBS.fv (FBS Online) Headlines (manned by Christian Entver; as of 6th May 2017, our Foreign Politics Editor is still in unintentional exile in Jankau-Helmutsberg): | BREAKING (20:15 FST, 5 October): President Mattia Hokkinen exiled in City of Tinhampton | OUT-OF-CHARACTER: Finlarvat to stop role-play; will cease to exist immediately | TERRITORY CLAIMS: Finland claim former Finlarvatian territory as their own | REPUBLICAN DEMOCRATS: UPDATES SUSPENDED

Finlarvat Day: 7th August. Next elections: CANCELLED. Timezone: FST (GMT+01:30).

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Finlarvat wrote:New West Guiana has referred to "Crooked Hillary" twice in the GE Megathread since the last post here:
New West Guiana wrote:After she wipes the floor with him (Donald Trump) and his numbers take a dive get ready for these words: Crooked Hillary Clinton rigged the debate to make me look bad.

New West Guiana wrote:So will anyone create a drinking game for the first debate in six days? Benghazi, Crooked Hillary, mental health, emails, will be mentioned about 20-50 times each.

No. Those are words and phrases NWG says will be the reaction of Trump's followers or ones that should be the basis of a drinking game.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Finlarvat wrote:More political nicknaming:
Thermodolia wrote:And that's only because of the orange menace. If it wasn't for Trump not one of those parties would be doing that

Addressed.

And knock it off with the giant text. We can see a church by daylight.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Finlarvat wrote:More political nicknaming:

Addressed.

I'm going to appeal this decision.

If these posters can say Orange Ape, Orange Monkey, Orange Baboon, and Orange Buffoon. And then not get warned for it, then I can say Orange Menace.
viewtopic.php?p=29758013#p2975801
Conserative Morality wrote:
Neo Bavaria wrote:Meanwhile, the DNC is on record taking the results from Iowa and rewriting them so that Clinton.

You can't just blame everything on the Russians. For all we know they were checking themselves to make sure there was nothing suspicious in there.

I can't believe so many people are willing to sell out to the Russians for the sake of seeing an orange buffoon in office.

viewtopic.php?p=29720196#p29720196
New West Guiana wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Yeah, I didn't consider that Trump's nicknames might be part of the nickname rule, that's a fair point, lol

Oh how much I'd love to say orange ape and oompa loompa every time, but I wish not to see West Guiana with the warn text below it. That is why I just do Trump the orange font with Trump it's not nicknaming(as I am not saying anything), but implying something else. It's skirting the rules, but then again so does everyone.

viewtopic.php?p=29694152#p29694152
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:No, folks ... We the People have been duped into thinking We Have Chosen. I think that may be the only thing the ridiculous orange baboon has been right on - this system is rigged. It's set up to continue to support the people in power, their cronies, their hangers-on, and take advantage of We the People. And they, the biased media (on both major sides, btw - believe it or not, in spite of all the fighting, it is really just two sides of the same dirty coin), and their polls, 'fact-reviews' and other bits and bobs are hard at work 24/7 to be sure we continue to just sit here and suck it up.

They have us at one another's throats. They have us more divided today than I think our nation has ever been. They have us angry, they have us belligerent, they have us being everything we shouldn't be, and not nearly enough being what we should - and encouraging the same in others.

And until we stand up, united again, and tell them just where they can sod the hell off, and take back our country from the corrupt lifetime politicians and power schemes that have been growing for decades here, it is not, regardless of who gets installed in the top seat, going to change. It will simply flip-flop back and forth, with each side blaming the other, while they both benefit from the chaos and confusion going on down below.

They don't care about us. They aren't interested in our well-being. They're concerned with their pocketbooks, their hold on power, their perks, their corporate backers, their big bank supporters, their foreign investors. And anyone telling you otherwise is either snowed by it, or in on it at this point.

I'm not one for outrageous conspiracy theories, but all the observation I've been doing leads me right to this point. And I don't know about you folks, but I am fed the fuck up with it all, and ready to see this house cleaned and put in order. The way things are is ridiculous, and our leadership - whether Republican or Democrat - ain't gonna do a damn thing to fix it that matters. That would upset the balance they've worked for, and largely achieved. And it does not benefit us one iota. Nor will it, ever, in any meaningful way.

viewtopic.php?p=29705092#p29705092
The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man wrote:Dark Patrol ~ (apologies to DEVO for "Smart Patrol")

Trump's big in the world
I'm tired of his soup du jour
He's big in this world
Wanna end his racist tactics tour

Afraid nobody around me
Understands my potato
Think I'm only his fan boy
Looking for a deal to Mexico

Trump's big in the world
I'm tired of this fucking whore
He's been with my girl
I wanna end his wordy spastic tour

Afraid nobody around me
Understands my potato
Thinks I'm only his fan boy

Trump's big in the world
And I'm tired of this fucking bore
He's been with my girl
I wanna end his prophylactic tour

Afraid nobody around here
Comprehends my potato
Guess I'm just a thud boy

We're Dark Patrol, nowhere to go
Edgar Allen Poe plot conjures up reality
Rifle stocks, we bomb, our guns are cocked
We shoot the holes in the pols

We shoot the pols full of holes

We shove the pols in the holes...

We shove the pols in the holes

Wait a minute, something's wrong
He's the man from the past
He's here to do us a favor
A little human sacrifice
It's just supply and demand

Mr. Kamikazi, Mrs. DNC?
He's an altruistic pervert,
Mr. GOP! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to mend some brains

Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. GOP?
She's an altruistic pervert,
Mrs. DNC! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to mend some brains now

Mr. Kamikazi, Mrs. DNC?
Mr. GOP! Mr. Kamikazi's
He's here to express...

He's a man with a plan
His rifle's pointing at zero
Now we must sacrifice ourselves
That Donny asshole must live
Okay, we'll never ever forgive

Orange monkey wants a word with you...

Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. GOP?
Mrs. DNC! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to bleed some brains now

Mr. Kamikazi, Mrs. DNC?
He's an altruistic pervert
Mr. GOP! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to bleed some brains

Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. GOP?
She's an altruistic pervert
Mrs. DNC! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to express himself

1, 2, 3, 4 ....vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvEu6G-i_0

Instructions: Copy link above, open another tab, paste link, play the song there as you read along back here on this tab. :)
Last edited by Thermodolia on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:57 pm

May I ask what the problem is with political nicknaming in the first place?
WE ARE NOT SAPIENT SPAGHETTI

Do not mistake me for a contributor to your political threads. I have come solely to mock.
Tsaraine wrote:Nazis aren't known for their smarts. You don't adhere to an ideology that got flattened under a T-34 in 1945 if you're full of sparks and opportunities in life.
Caelestiam wrote:...wait,
Are we seriously in a dick measuring contest over who has the right to declare law by virtue of the most innocent dead?
Sounds horrible and insensitive.
Proceed.
Ethel mermania wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:One does not simply own one's own body. Not when the GOP can shove its trunk up inside you.

It will be yuge, and you will like it.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:11 pm

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster wrote:May I ask what the problem is with political nicknaming in the first place?

It's trolling, aimed at getting rise out of people.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Addressed.

I'm going to appeal this decision.

If these posters can say Orange Ape, Orange Monkey, Orange Baboon, and Orange Buffoon. And then not get warned for it, then I can say Orange Menace.
Conserative Morality wrote:I can't believe so many people are willing to sell out to the Russians for the sake of seeing an orange buffoon in office.

New West Guiana wrote:Oh how much I'd love to say orange ape and oompa loompa every time, but I wish not to see West Guiana with the warn text below it. That is why I just do Trump the orange font with Trump it's not nicknaming(as I am not saying anything), but implying something else. It's skirting the rules, but then again so does everyone.

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:No, folks ... We the People have been duped into thinking We Have Chosen. I think that may be the only thing the ridiculous orange baboon has been right on - this system is rigged. It's set up to continue to support the people in power, their cronies, their hangers-on, and take advantage of We the People. And they, the biased media (on both major sides, btw - believe it or not, in spite of all the fighting, it is really just two sides of the same dirty coin), and their polls, 'fact-reviews' and other bits and bobs are hard at work 24/7 to be sure we continue to just sit here and suck it up.

They have us at one another's throats. They have us more divided today than I think our nation has ever been. They have us angry, they have us belligerent, they have us being everything we shouldn't be, and not nearly enough being what we should - and encouraging the same in others.

And until we stand up, united again, and tell them just where they can sod the hell off, and take back our country from the corrupt lifetime politicians and power schemes that have been growing for decades here, it is not, regardless of who gets installed in the top seat, going to change. It will simply flip-flop back and forth, with each side blaming the other, while they both benefit from the chaos and confusion going on down below.

They don't care about us. They aren't interested in our well-being. They're concerned with their pocketbooks, their hold on power, their perks, their corporate backers, their big bank supporters, their foreign investors. And anyone telling you otherwise is either snowed by it, or in on it at this point.

I'm not one for outrageous conspiracy theories, but all the observation I've been doing leads me right to this point. And I don't know about you folks, but I am fed the fuck up with it all, and ready to see this house cleaned and put in order. The way things are is ridiculous, and our leadership - whether Republican or Democrat - ain't gonna do a damn thing to fix it that matters. That would upset the balance they've worked for, and largely achieved. And it does not benefit us one iota. Nor will it, ever, in any meaningful way.

The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man wrote:Dark Patrol ~ (apologies to DEVO for "Smart Patrol")

Trump's big in the world
I'm tired of his soup du jour
He's big in this world
Wanna end his racist tactics tour

Afraid nobody around me
Understands my potato
Think I'm only his fan boy

Trump's big in the world
I'm tired of this fucking whore
He's been with my girl
I wanna end his wordy spastic tour

Afraid nobody around me
Understands my potato
Thinks I'm only his fan boy

Trump's big in the world
And I'm tired of this fucking bore
He's been with my girl
I wanna end his prophylactic tour

Afraid nobody around here
Comprehends my potato
Guess I'm just a thud boy

We shoot the holes in the pols

We shoot the pols full of holes

We shove the pols in the holes...

We shove the pols in the holes

He's the man from the past
He's here to do us a favor
A little human sacrifice
It's just supply and demand

Mr. Kamikazi, Mrs. DNC?
Mr. GOP! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to mend some brains

Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. GOP?
Mrs. DNC! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to mend some brains now

Mr. Kamikazi, Mrs. DNC?
Mr. GOP! Mr. Kamikazi's
He's here to express...

He's a man with a plan
His rifle's pointing at zero
Now we must sacrifice ourselves
That Donny asshole must live
Okay, we'll never ever forgive

Orange monkey wants a word with you...

Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. GOP?
Mrs. DNC! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to bleed some brains now

Mr. Kamikazi, Mrs. DNC?
He's an altruistic pervert
Mr. GOP! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to bleed some brains

Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. GOP?
She's an altruistic pervert
Mrs. DNC! Mr. Kamikazi's
Here to express himself

1, 2, 3, 4 ....vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvEu6G-i_0

Instructions: Copy link above, open another tab, paste link, play the song there as you read along back here on this tab. :)

Second opinion requested.

Instead of piling up unreported posts, show me a Mod saying one of those was not actionable and I'll happily rescind the warning.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I'm going to appeal this decision.

Second opinion requested.

Instead of piling up unreported posts, show me a Mod saying one of those was not actionable and I'll happily rescind the warning.

viewtopic.php?p=29738401#p29738401 Rolled up newspaper of NWG's post
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:40 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Second opinion requested.

viewtopic.php?p=29738401#p29738401 Rolled up newspaper of NWG's post

Kyrusia took NWG to task for trying to tap-dance around the trolling rules that govern nicknaming. In no way did Kyru say the post was blameless.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:viewtopic.php?p=29738401#p29738401 Rolled up newspaper of NWG's post

Kyrusia took NWG to task for trying to tap-dance around the trolling rules that govern nicknaming. In no way did Kyru say the post was blameless.

Ok thank you Farn.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 am

My second opinion is this:

The warning stands; 'orange menace' is actionable political nicknaming.

However, I also concede a certain level of inconsistency here prior to Farnhamia's warning. From what I can tell, this is because other instances of 'Orange' cited in Thermodalia's appeal weren't reported rather than mods deliberately overlooked nicknaming cases of 'orange [noun]', but clearly an inadvertent impression of inconsistency has been given - though note that where a case of typing 'Trump' in orange font was reported, Kyrusia issued an immediate cease and desist order, with a clear threat that continuing the practice would be treated less leniently.

On the basis that ex post facto enforcement of a clarified ruling would be unfair, I won't go back and retrospectively warn all of the individuals cited in Thermodalia's appeal. However, I do accept that Thermodalia's appeal has helped to emphasise that this practice is more widespread than we might have realised, and that where cases of 'orange [noun]' are used to refer to Trump from this point on, we will consider them actionable where they are reported. In that sense, the appeal has been useful and constructive.

So we will strive for consistency moving forward.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:16 am

The Archregimancy wrote:My second opinion is this:

However, I also concede a certain level of inconsistency here prior to Farnhamia's warning. From what I can tell, this is because other instances of 'Orange' cited in Thermodalia's appeal weren't reported rather than mods deliberately overlooked nicknaming cases of 'orange [noun]', but clearly an inadvertent impression of inconsistency has been given - though note that where a case of typing 'Trump' in orange font was reported, Kyrusia issued an immediate cease and desist order, with a clear threat that continuing the practice would be treated less leniently.

On the basis that ex post facto enforcement of a clarified ruling would be unfair, I won't go back and retrospectively warn all of the individuals cited in Thermodalia's appeal. However, I do accept that Thermodalia's appeal has helped to emphasise that this practice is more widespread than we might have realised, and that where cases of 'orange [noun]' are used to refer to Trump from this point on, we will consider them actionable where they are reported. In that sense, the appeal has been useful and constructive.

When I read Thermodalia's post I thought the use of "the orange menace" was meaning "that's because of their obsessive fear and dislike for Trump, or, as they say, the orange menace" rather than explicitly calling Trump (a) orange and (b) a menace. Therefore, I am wondering (as it seems this wasn't Thermodalia's usage), if for whatever insane reason I decided to imitate the construction but really did use it with this meaning, would that be a problem? Or, alternatively, has it always been the case that saying something like, "The alt right is so obsessed with defeating the 'democraps' they never bother to properly examine [subject of thread]" is forbidden and I have just not noticed?
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:52 am

Thanks for the ruling and um your welcome I guess.

Forsher wrote:

When I read Thermodalia's post I thought the use of "the orange menace" was meaning "that's because of their obsessive fear and dislike for Trump, or, as they say, the orange menace" rather than explicitly calling Trump (a) orange and (b) a menace. Therefore, I am wondering (as it seems this wasn't Thermodalia's usage), if for whatever insane reason I decided to imitate the construction but really did use it with this meaning, would that be a problem? Or, alternatively, has it always been the case that saying something like, "The alt right is so obsessed with defeating the 'democraps' they never bother to properly examine [subject of thread]" is forbidden and I have just not noticed?

Um what? Anyway what's done is done, the mods don't take third party appeals. So what you are doing is spamming moderation.
Last edited by Thermodolia on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:43 am

Thermodolia wrote:Thanks for the ruling and um your welcome I guess.

As a former school chum of my father's once noted, you can't always get what you want; but if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 am

Playing out an old worn out right wing meme about Hillary Clinton being an emotionless robot:

Balkenreich wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:What I don't like is that this is going to dominate the news for the next several days while Trump gets a pass on everything

Take solace in the fact that Clinton doesnt know what human emotion is. At least Gary and Trump know what they are.

Balkenreich wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Nah she knows what human emotion is. Now Ted Cruz, there's a guy that has no idea what human emotion or facial expressions are.

Impossible, Synths dont know what emotion is.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:07 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Thanks for the ruling and um your welcome I guess.

As a former school chum of my father's once noted, you can't always get what you want; but if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need.

Your Dad knows Sir Michael? :)

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Gauthier wrote:Playing out an old worn out right wing meme about Hillary Clinton being an emotionless robot:

Balkenreich wrote:
Take solace in the fact that Clinton doesnt know what human emotion is. At least Gary and Trump know what they are.

Balkenreich wrote:
Impossible, Synths dont know what emotion is.

A meme is not quite the same as a nickname. I'm calling not actionable on both.

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:18 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:Did you miss the part where I said the teabaggers and Trumpites are unopposed?
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:57 am

Bakery Hill wrote:
Dahon wrote:
Many of the interventions cited in your articles followed years if not decades of internal turmoil following the collapse of central authority (usually ruthlessly authoritarian) with the arrival of armies directed by previous administrations. Whether or not following up on the messes created by previous administrations is debatable, but I think it's unfair to put the blame for those messes squarely on Hillary when she didn't start it in the first place.

Iraq and Afghanistan? Yes. Inherited chaos from Bush's adventures, both of which however were backed by Clinton. Libya and Syria, nope, all product of the Obama and Clinton administration. I mean you could argue that they've learned from previous debacles by refusing to deploy ground troops. But then again they're actively undermining established states by effectively arming and supplying jihadists so...

At any rate you lot seem to be so used to fending off attacks from Trumpites on this topic, that you think I'm personally going after Clinton in some moral emotional way. In this case all I'm saying is judging from her words and deeds she will be an interventionist hawkish president on foreign policy.

I've seen that word used quite a bit and I doubt it's kosher but a general Knock It Off might be in order.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:02 am

Futrellia wrote:
Darjihad wrote:Johnson / Weld 2016 campaign ads on local TV and radio in heavy rotation here in eastern Missouri (St. Louis and surrounding broadcast footprint)

I will say, in my 29 years of membership in the LP I have never heard an LP candidate of any level advertise locally. Quite a show of organization that even the Trump dumpster fire hasn't managed to do in this "battleground" state. I don't even think there are any Trump yard signs within 50 miles of here, and my commute to work takes me through miles of conservative rednecks and affluent suburbs.

The reason i am here though, is the fact that while i may be a Constitutionist, and my ideals match MOSTLY with CP candidate Darrell Castle, i know that there is a very slim chance he will make it past Gary Johnson in the polls. Therefore, to avoid Killary Clinton or dumpster fire Trump, i'm voting for LP candidate Gary Johnson. Although, i'm not sure how his voters might react to his "What is Aleppo" fiasco.

And there's alot of people saying he's not Libertarian and that he's faking it.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Socialist Nordia
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Nordia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Internationalist Progressive Anarcho-Communist
I guess I'm a girl now.
Science > Your Beliefs
Trump did 11/9, never forget
Free Catalonia
My Political Test Results
A democratic socialist nation located on a small island in the Pacific. We are heavily urbanised, besides our thriving national parks. Our culture is influenced by both Scandinavia and China.
Our Embassy Program

Finlarvat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Finlarvat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:33 am

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382740&p=29856499&hilit=shillary#p29856499
I honestly don't know if this mention of "Shillary" is actionable. There is indeed a Gerald Drumpf in this roleplay, but (according to a search of the topic) this is the first Shillary I've seen so far.

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Finlarvat wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382740&p=29856499&hilit=shillary#p29856499
I honestly don't know if this mention of "Shillary" is actionable. There is indeed a Gerald Drumpf in this roleplay, but (according to a search of the topic) this is the first Shillary I've seen so far.

I think we can give more leeway to an RP about American politics.

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Socialist Nordia wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=29852500#p29852500

Didn't ignore this one, BTW; handed out an informal 'knock it off' for now. Will escalate if he doesn't restrain himself in future.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation