NATION

PASSWORD

[Question] Detecting if two nations are the same?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
21st Century Rome
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Question] Detecting if two nations are the same?

Postby 21st Century Rome » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi, two nations in my region just CTE'd at the same time, one of them an older nation, one newer. The long time nation has returned with a new nation, stating that he was not the same nation as the other nation that CTE'd when I asked him. The other one has not sent a new nation to the region, so it doesn't really concern me, but it got me thinking...

We recently passed a law so that a nation may only hold 2 offices at a time, but puppets might be able to get around this. Is it possible and allowed for me to find out if two nations are the same? I'd guess not, but it makes things complicated for preventing excessive power.

Thanks for the help,
-21st Century Rome
Last edited by 21st Century Rome on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Union of English Speaking Countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of English Speaking Countries » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:13 pm

21st Century Rome wrote:Hi, two nations in my region just CTE'd at the same time, one of them an older nation, one newer. The long time nation has returned with a new nation, stating that he was not the same nation as the other nation that CTE'd when I asked him. The other one has not sent a new nation to the region, so it doesn't really concern me, but it got me thinking...

We recently passed a law so that a nation may only hold 2 offices at a time, but puppets might be able to get around this. Is it possible and allowed for me to find out if two nations are the same? I'd guess not, but it makes things complicated for preventing excessive power.

Thanks for the help,
-21st Century Rome

No, you'd have to trace an IP, which breaks privacy agreements and such. Moderation can't tell you if two are the same either, the best you can do is ask if they are the same person.
A fictional union of the Countries of The United States, Canada and The British Empire and her holdings, where The Crown of England shares executive power with the Presidency.

Puppet of Independent State Allied Forces

21st Century Rome
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Rome » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Okay, thanks. That's what I assumed, but I wanted to check. I really don't want to make WA membership a requirement for government. Well, I'll just hope nobody abuses it.

Thanks again!

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Louisistan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 am

For non-mods, the only way to make sure two nations are not the same player is if they're both in the WA.
Knight of TITO

Return to Moderation