NATION

PASSWORD

Extensive flamebaiting

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Faustian Fantasies
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Extensive flamebaiting

Postby Faustian Fantasies » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Implying he had sex with a user's mother

Condescending Language

Admission of being deliberately condescending

Outright personal attacks on another user

unproductive remarks that could do nothing more than incite a negative reaction

Similar remarks to another user

Things got so bad another user thought he was trolling

i'm not sure what exactly to call it, but i think something should be done when a user continuously makes unproductive posts that could only ever incite a negative, tit-for-tat reaction in other people, and when a user continuously distracts from the main point of the thread with such remarks.

notice the incessant use of "bern" over "burn", a move which expressed no real political point and seems to only serve to try and further irritate the bernie sanders supports he made these inciteful remarks to.

I understand that some people on this forum like to have their own comedic shtick, but I think the line should be drawn when that shtick is experienced very negatively by multiple users in a thread, and makes the entire conversation in the thread about the user's "comedic remarks" rather than the actual topic at hand. Furthermore, I believe a line is crossed when these "jokes" dominate most of your contributions to the thread rather than remarks about the actual topic.
Last edited by Faustian Fantasies on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:27 am

Considering the sarcastic nature of those comments, I strongly disagree. I also think you misinterpret all of my comments and there intents (I for one never said or even implied to have sex with any poster's mother). FF dislikes that I'm critical of Bernie Sanders, he interprets my posts as he pleases. I have a long history of sarcasm and satire, and I think everybody knows this (clearly FF didn't get the joke, he is new after all).

Thank you.

Return to Moderation