NATION

PASSWORD

[Report]Puppetspam in WDYLL Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[Report]Puppetspam in WDYLL Thread

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:34 am

Hello, Moderation Team! I decided to have a short go at playing detective, and I found something interesting.
A few days ago, in the most recent version of the "What Do You Look Like Thread," I noticed a nation who, strangely enough, made his fourth career post on that thread. This one:
Nova Ontariou wrote:

Some time later, I noticed a trend that about once per page, there was a nation making their first post ever in the WDYLL Thread, namely these:
South Africa and Namibia wrote:I'M THE WHITE ONE

The Brittish Isles wrote:i'm the black haired one

La Dean Barre wrote:

Edwynland wrote:

Tierra De Los Libre wrote:i guess this is the last day of school. :(

I have come to the conclusion that these nations are all controlled by the same user for a few reasons.
1. The pictures all portray a very similar style, and faces that are, perhaps, a little too perfect, model-like.
2. All of the images come from the same source website.
3. All have extremely similar signatures, noting their name, place of residence, and full supposed date of birth and the same grammatical errors.
4. All except the first have remained at only one post, signaling no attempt at further interaction. As if that one post was the purpose of their creation.

While I know that you are not in the habit of outing puppets, I think I have compelling evidence that these are all nations of the same user. It's an issue in a thread where the OP explicitly states "Don't post pictures that aren't you." Presumably, the single user cannot look as depicted in all of the posted images, and also presumably looks like none of them, meaning it all basically amounts to spam. I've not posted this in the spam thread due to the extensive nature of this post, but please do tell me if I made this judgment in error.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:32 am

Yeah, they're all puppets of the same person, but I'm not going to waste my time warning them. The puppetmaster has about a zillion puppets, and like most of these, he creates the puppet, posts, and abandons it.

Somebody lied to you on the internet. You should probably shun them or something.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Yeah, they're all puppets of the same person, but I'm not going to waste my time warning them. The puppetmaster has about a zillion puppets, and like most of these, he creates the puppet, posts, and abandons it.

Somebody lied to you on the internet. You should probably shun them or something.

That's fine, I wasn't sure what would be done about it, if anything. But thank you for addressing the concern.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Havenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburgh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:39 am

Not being a dick of trying to spam a mod thread, but isnt Idzequitch's signiture over the limit, which is 8 lines?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:55 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Yeah, they're all puppets of the same person, but I'm not going to waste my time warning them. The puppetmaster has about a zillion puppets, and like most of these, he creates the puppet, posts, and abandons it.

To be fair though, we can give a warning (or at least a 'knock it off') for spamming. As you can see here: viewtopic.php?p=17655304#p17655304
The Blaatschapen should resign

Return to Moderation