NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Flaming

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Flaming

Postby Ardoki » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:09 am

The flaming part is in bold.

Valyrian Freeholds wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Any ideology (that includes religions such as Islam and Christianity), which espouses hateful views, must be completely eliminated. We cannot allow anyone to be hateful, they should become progressive and tolerant.

Oh my god you really are stupid, here's a hint:

Freedom of speech applies to EVERYONE even people who DISAGREE WITH YOU
Last edited by Ardoki on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 am

Ardoki wrote:The flaming part is in bold.

Valyrian Freeholds wrote:
Oh my god you really are stupid, here's a hint:

Freedom of speech applies to EVERYONE even people who DISAGREE WITH YOU

This guy is equating insulting someone, such as calling their mother a whore, with just being non-heterosexual. I believe this is being used to justify violence against LGBTQ+ people.

Wisconsin9 wrote:No, it's not, but if you walk up to a drunk biker and go into a speech about how his mother's a whore and expect anything other than your teeth flying across the bar, you're a fucking idiot. He's going to jail, yeah, but you're spending the next month in a hospital and eating through a straw for the rest of your life.

I'm not equating them at all. I'm pointing out how pissing off violent people is likely to get you hurt. If he can't understand metaphor, that's not my fault. As for justifying violence against LGBT people? Seriously? Check my posting record. I've been arguing for and celebrating the expansion of LGBT rights since I first joined. Hell, look at my sig.
Last edited by Wisconsin9 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Bumpity, bump, bump, bump. :)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Had he said, "Oh my god that really is a stupid argument", it would have been entirely legal ... and entirely correct. I'll drop him an unofficial "Knock it off" warning via telegram.

Ardoki, the reason so many of your reports go unanswered is because of the way you practically beg to be flamed, and then complain that someone flamed you. You appear to be the type of person who believes that legislating "they should become progressive and tolerant" will actually change human nature. That's a ridiculously naive view. Neither the world nor these forums were created from rainbows and unicorn poop. Perhaps if you started to accept that, you wouldn't get flamed so much.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:13 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Had he said, "Oh my god that really is a stupid argument", it would have been entirely legal ... and entirely correct. I'll drop him an unofficial "Knock it off" warning via telegram.

Ardoki, the reason so many of your reports go unanswered is because of the way you practically beg to be flamed, and then complain that someone flamed you. You appear to be the type of person who believes that legislating "they should become progressive and tolerant" will actually change human nature. That's a ridiculously naive view. Neither the world nor these forums were created from rainbows and unicorn poop. Perhaps if you started to accept that, you wouldn't get flamed so much.

Thank you.:)

Though I didn't intend to be flamed, I thought that my position was entirely reasonable and logical (I just don't understand how we can let people be mean to each other, which I agree is probably very naive and silly).

With my second report, I realised not long after I posted it that it was an overreaction and stretching it way to far to be a reasonable report.

Return to Moderation