NATION

PASSWORD

WA Membership Appeal

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
JaMexico13
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

WA Membership Appeal

Postby JaMexico13 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 am

Hello,
Today I was banned from WA for having multiple accounts as WA member. I know ignorance of the rule is not a good argument, but it is true. I was unaware of that rule and I was using my account merely as an experiment nation. Not to take extra votes or gain endorsements. I would like to request my reinstatement into The World Assembly, and as a result I will keep all other accounts out of the WA.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:06 am

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:16 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:A note - yes, you do need to file a GHR, we can't deal with gameside issues here on the forums. At the same time, you /can/ create a new nation and use that as a WA nation, but you cannot rejoin with any that have been removed due to having more than one, or other rulebreaking reasons. Thanks.

Just a quick note is all.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:52 am

JaMexico13 wrote:I was unaware of that rule

Just for future reference:
  • It's on the WA application page
  • It's in the WA acceptance email
  • It's in the FAQ
  • It's in the One Stop Rules Shop in great detail
It is literally NOT POSSIBLE to say you weren't informed about this, our most basic of rules ... as the only way to miss it is to simply not read anything that the game ever says.

So no, we won't accept "I didn't know better" as a reason to reinstate WA membership in any ejected nation. Don't bother filing a GHR.

JaMexico13
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby JaMexico13 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
JaMexico13 wrote:I was unaware of that rule

Just for future reference:
  • It's on the WA application page
  • It's in the WA acceptance email
  • It's in the FAQ
  • It's in the One Stop Rules Shop in great detail
It is literally NOT POSSIBLE to say you weren't informed about this, our most basic of rules ... as the only way to miss it is to simply not read anything that the game ever says.

So no, we won't accept "I didn't know better" as a reason to reinstate WA membership in any ejected nation. Don't bother filing a GHR.

It seems absolutely ridiculous to give someone a life time ban for a simple mistake of having two nations as WA member. A simple warning would achieve a much better result without turning off members from the website. If I am able to show my misunderstanding and fix the issue then I should be able to rejoin. Also there is no evidence that I was misusing the votes of the two nations for my personal gain. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm

JaMexico13 wrote:It seems absolutely ridiculous to give someone a life time ban for a simple mistake of having two nations as WA member. A simple warning would achieve a much better result without turning off members from the website. If I am able to show my misunderstanding and fix the issue then I should be able to rejoin. Also there is no evidence that I was misusing the votes of the two nations for my personal gain. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Except that you were warned on Friday, June 3rd 2015. The warning contained instructions on how to remedy the situation. You ignored it. This is the consequence.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:04 pm

JaMexico13 wrote:It seems absolutely ridiculous to give someone a life time ban for a simple mistake of having two nations as WA member. A simple warning would achieve a much better result without turning off members from the website. If I am able to show my misunderstanding and fix the issue then I should be able to rejoin. Also there is no evidence that I was misusing the votes of the two nations for my personal gain. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

It isn't a 'lifetime ban' either - you really do need to slow down and read. THIS nation cannot rejoin the WA. There is nothing stating you cannot create a new nation, or use another alternate to join, so long as it has not been banned from the WA. We rarely have to ban a /player/ from WA participation, though it can happen.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation