NATION

PASSWORD

[report] Suicide thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

[report] Suicide thread

Postby MERIZoC » Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Susria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Attention Seeking Spam Thread

Postby Susria » Wed May 20, 2015 6:40 pm

A thread under the guise of someone admitting to suicide has gone up, obviously under the pretense to get attention. It's clogging up the forums and is incredibly shameful to see.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=341910&p=24639651#p24639651
"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Voltaire

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool."
Plato

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common."
Locke

"To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity."
Nietzsche

"If the triangles made a god, they would give him three sides."
Montesquieu
Moralist. Galtonist. Third Position-ist. Statist.
Bit of a Strasserist, to be honest.
Male. INTJ. East Slavic.
It's cute that you think I will ever care what you think of me.

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Wed May 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Pointing out that the poster is more than likely an attention-seeking troll:

Romanilands wrote:
Communist Volkstrad wrote:OOC: Because you're Kamp and because

I should not be banned for being kamp that is racist why u hating on cambodians? CUZ UR A STUPID NATO SUPPORTING MILITARIST JEW GO TO HELL THE MODS WILL BAN U I WILL BECOME A MOD BECAUSE I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN U GUYS AND I WILL IP BAN ALL OF U!

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed May 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Spam Report Megathread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=84803
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Wirbanskia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wirbanskia » Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Refer to the spam report mega thread for threads like these here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 16&t=84803
Reploid Productions wrote: Warnings are not like Pokemon, you really should not be striving to catch them all.

Puppet of Lockdownn

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed May 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Wirbanskia wrote:Refer to the spam report mega thread for threads like these

Incorrect.

While it's likely that most "suicide threads" are attention-whoring by trolls rather than genuine pleas for help, Moderation does not consider ANY of them spam until we've at minimum looked over posting and warning history. In this case, the posting nation was deleted for trolling in multiple places, and the thread locked.

Furthermore, giving incorrect advice in a Moderation [Report] thread is definitely grounds for a *** Warning for spamming Moderation ***.

Edit: I noticed and merged a second thread with the same bad advice, so the warning has been given to both Wirbanskia and Phydios.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Wed May 20, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Moderation