NATION

PASSWORD

This smells of regional recruitment

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

This smells of regional recruitment

Postby Araraukar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=332552

It's on the GA forum, a "Vote best NSWA resolution 2014" that requires you to go to an offsite regional forum for your vote to count.

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:And we're going to try something new this time. The official poll will be held on the Antarctic Oasis WFE. You must vote on the AO WFE for your vote to count. The poll is open to the general public; you do not need to move to AO to vote - just visit their page. All poll results in this thread will be unofficial.

Reason given is to avoid puppetwankery of votes, but I say that smells more like less-than-subtle regional recruitment attempt in what looks like semi-official disguise.

Sure, it's just a silly funny thing, but it looks like an entirely unnecessary requirement to make people go offsite for it.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Doesn't look that way. Kenny has given a convincing reason to use an in-game poll:

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Why are we doing it this way? you ask. Because all regional polling is public, and I can keep track of who votes and for what. It will make it much harder to puppetwank that way. Why are you being such a hardass about cheating? you ask. Well, I'm not. Not really. I just had the idea and thought we could experiment on a new, more secure voting system. Perhaps if it works out, we could set up a special region just for Best Resolution polls next time? Had I thought of it beforehand this time, I might have gone that way instead.

Given that forum polls are easily and often puppetwanked with no way of finding out, it looks like a sensible solution to me.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Given that forum polls are easily and often puppetwanked with no way of finding out, it looks like a sensible solution to me.

Fair enough.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Araraukar wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=332552

It's on the GA forum, a "Vote best NSWA resolution 2014" that requires you to go to an offsite regional forum for your vote to count.

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:And we're going to try something new this time. The official poll will be held on the Antarctic Oasis WFE. You must vote on the AO WFE for your vote to count. The poll is open to the general public; you do not need to move to AO to vote - just visit their page. All poll results in this thread will be unofficial.

Reason given is to avoid puppetwankery of votes, but I say that smells more like less-than-subtle regional recruitment attempt in what looks like semi-official disguise.

Sure, it's just a silly funny thing, but it looks like an entirely unnecessary requirement to make people go offsite for it.

1. The poll is onsite.
2. You don't have to move to Antarctic Oasis to vote.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:18 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:1. The poll is onsite.
2. You don't have to move to Antarctic Oasis to vote.

Unofficial warning for spamming in Moderation. The report was already dealt with, and you're not a moderator. There was no need to post.

Return to Moderation