NATION

PASSWORD

2 things

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

2 things

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:57 pm

1.Why was this thread locked? It had lots of discussion and talk about individual religions and such also had a lot of answers to my poll viewtopic.php?f=20&t=328523&p=23269635#p23269635
2. I understand the moderation team keeps a record of things such as bans and warnings do locked threads made by you affect that record of you? I also request a 2nd opinion and if sought to be allowed that it may be unlocked.
Last edited by -United Islamic Emirate- on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:12 pm

As Farnhamia stated, there was no discussion. "I'm a Skywalkerian" is not discussion.

Furthermore, your original post was lacking. "I'm this" isn't really open for debate.

"What are the reasons you choose to remain with your religion?" or, "How does your religion compare to $religion? The tenets of $religion are...." with an explanation foster discussion. The thread was mostly one or two sentence answers/.

Second opinion: it stays locked.

You did not get a warning. It's easy to tell: if you did not see *** Warned for $insert infraction here *** in the locked thread, you didn't get warned.
Last edited by Katganistan on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Katganistan wrote:As Farnhamia stated, there was no discussion. "I'm a Skywalkerian" is not discussion.

You did not get a warning. It's easy to tell: if you did not see *** Warned for $insert infraction here *** in the locked thread, you didn't get warned.

Is there any way that I can repost a similar thread? And how did that thread what languages do you speak stay open than?
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Yes, you can repost it if you take the time to write an original post that gives at least a brief background explanation on your topic, a summary of your opinion, and a question that will open the way for a discussion. I think it could make for an interesting discussion.

I don't know what thread you're talking about; possibly it was not reported or seen, or possibly there was more setup for discussion than in yours.
Last edited by Katganistan on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:32 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:
Katganistan wrote:As Farnhamia stated, there was no discussion. "I'm a Skywalkerian" is not discussion.

Is there any way that I can repost a similar thread? And how did that thread what languages do you speak stay open than?

I don't mind unlocking UIE's thread if he touches up the OP a bit. Or the languages one should be shut down, too. I haven't looked into that one much but I noticed the religion one as I was passing by.

The main point is that there ought to be some sort of discussion involved. Kat's suggestion of adding "Why are you whatever religion you are and how did you come to be that?" would be absolutely acceptable. In fact, I'll open it up so you can do that.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Is there any way that I can repost a similar thread? And how did that thread what languages do you speak stay open than?

I don't mind unlocking UIE's thread if he touches up the OP a bit.

No need thank very much for the offer though it is greatly appreciated! :)

Return to Moderation