NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Use of C-Word

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Use of C-Word

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm not sure if this word is allowed or not, but due to its definition I thought to make sure with the Mods about it as I read a post using it:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=321164&p=22537802&sid=1dc0505b34d04dc7bc54ed1c23c1c8f7#p22537802

Nadkor wrote:I would have no problem with Irish on street signs and whatever - there are parts of Belfast where this is the case already (and I would imagine other parts of NI, I think Moyle council has some or all signs with Irish on them, at least).

What's the problem? Other than Gregory Campbell being, as you say, an utter cunt. Him and the rest of the DUP, for that matter.

I guess some people would then want Ulster Scots on signs, too, but no. Just no. It's a dialect not a language, for a start, and nobody actually gives a shit about Ulster Scots other than John Laird and the cultchies that have that show on Radio Ulster on a Wednesday evening that gets in the way when you're flicking through stations in the car. Although I suppose it's better than endless country music on Downtown. edit: or, oh god, U105.

Isn't this a derogatory term?

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:14 pm

If you search General for the word "cunt" you find 3240 matches (and across all forums you get 6881).

Interesting, also, that you picked that post when the OP in that thread contains that word twice.
Last edited by Nadkor on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:23 pm

In some countries, it's the worst possible slur. In others, it's at about the same level as "damn" or "bastard". Obviously we'll consider it on a case by case basis, but if it's not used to excess or as a pejorative towards other players, it's usually all right.

Return to Moderation