NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Flaming on White History Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Flaming on White History Thread

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:01 am

FutureAmerica wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:I don't know why people keep pointing to China. Africa and India are where power's gonna gather over the next century or so.

You are clearly stupid. Africa and India will become Chinese colonies within our lifetimes. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Go back to school and get an education.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 am

There is also some baiting a couple of posts later:

FutureAmerica wrote:The Chinese are already colonizing east Africa. They will replicate the British Raj and use India's class divide to colonize. India will host cheap labor and Africa will become a giant mine for China.

Get an education or you'll be like this OP who created this thread.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:25 am

Occidentria wrote:
Occidentria wrote:Again it seems necessary for me to clarify for you that these are insults, not arguments.

Edgy poster admitting to it himself.
Last edited by Esternial on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:28 am

Fascistic Republic Of Canada wrote:
Occidentria wrote:

Oh, you're just an idiot then.

You're giving me a larger sense of self satisfaction, dealing with the fact that all that oppose me are as moronic as you.

Not just insulting Occidentria, but the rest of those who are arguing with them.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Addressed.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:31 pm

I wasn't sure whether to post a new thread or just bring this up in this one, but:
Occidentria wrote:10-200 is a downright autistic sample range, unless you meant 10-20 years.

Using the term "autistic" in this way seems rather offensive to people with ASDs.
Occidentria wrote:I don't believe that it's nineteen or that it's female.

Referring to another poster as "it." I seem to remember this being actionable in the past, though I can't recall specifics.

I think Occidentria deserves a slap on the wrist at the very least.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:Using the term "autistic" in this way seems rather offensive to people with ASDs.

I'm assuming poor word choice, not intent to offend.

Old Tyrannia wrote:Referring to another poster as "it.

What other poster? I can't tell what that's in reference to - the photos of the skull, maybe?

Old Tyrannia wrote:I think Occidentria deserves a slap on the wrist at the very least.

Not for that. I think you're reaching for an excuse, not looking at actual violations.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Using the term "autistic" in this way seems rather offensive to people with ASDs.

I'm assuming poor word choice, not intent to offend.

It's still pretty damn offensive to use the word "autistic" as a term to imply something is stupid/bad/ill-thought-out as Occidentria did, regardless of intent.
Old Tyrannia wrote:Referring to another poster as "it.

What other poster? I can't tell what that's in reference to - the photos of the skull, maybe?

They're clearly referring to Fascistic Republic of Canada. Her signature says that she's nineteen and female; Occidentria saying "I don't believe that it's nineteen or that it's female" is clearly a reference to her.
Old Tyrannia wrote:I think Occidentria deserves a slap on the wrist at the very least.

Not for that. I think you're reaching for an excuse, not looking at actual violations.

Why would I be looking for an excuse? I'm not debating against him in the thread. I'm actually on their side in their debate against FRC, but I think that their comments constitute a breach of the rules and I don't think they should get away with them just because the person they're arguing against has some unsavoury views.

I would like a second opinion.
Last edited by Old Tyrannia on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:I'm assuming poor word choice, not intent to offend.

It's still pretty damn offensive to use the word "autistic" as a term to imply something is stupid/bad/ill-thought-out as Occidentria did, regardless of intent.

They're clearly referring to Fascistic Republic of Canada. Her signature says that she's nineteen and female; Occidentria saying "I don't believe that it's nineteen or that it's female" is clearly a reference to her.

Why would I be looking for an excuse? I'm not debating against him in the thread. I'm actually on their side in their debate against FRC, but I think that their comments constitute a breach of the rules and I don't think they should get away with them just because the person they're arguing against has some unsavoury views.

I would like a second opinion.

Second opinion: Occidentria gets an unofficial warning for using "autistic" as a pejorative, in the sense of "dumb."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:03 am

Thanks for your previous response, Farn. I hate to pester you guys, but...
NeoColumbia wrote:Wrote a long response but for some reason it did connect.

TL;DR Version.

Marvopen,

Yes it's probably a theme because you have an autistic persistance with posting walls of texts from idiot academics who grew up in nice all white neighborhoodsand then try to tell anyone who beleives in the reality of race that their evil and wrong by setting out with the premise beforehand that race doesn't exist (obviously you care enough to put it in your signature).

Conformation Bias as you pointed out.

Maybe people who beleive race exist actually have other things to do than discuss it for an hour when their original post wasn't about argueing the existance of race(shocking i know) but if you want to chock it up as great intellectual Victory be my guest. It has nothing to do with ebarassment i don't care enough about what you think to possibly be embarrassed (Someone who has a fixation on Anime, Ponies and Nationstates forums apparently) yeah blah blah ad hominem whatever.

Now go along and spend more time talking about how im just so embarressed that you disproved my views by reposting useless wall of text over and over.

P.S. White Power 1488

Emphasis mine. We have here using "autistic" as a pejorative (again, though different person), personal attacks, and "White Power 1488", a white nationalist/neo-Nazi slogan. Is any of this actionable?
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation