NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Troll nation (Not sure exact term)

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Alliir
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Troll nation (Not sure exact term)

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:57 am

A nation, Creepoc Infinite, seems to have been made only to flame/troll. Most, if not all of his posts on the forums involve inflammatory remarks pertaining to religion. He has posted at least two threads based around prosecuting religion, and the religious, and has caused multiple theists anger and irritation. I have posted a similar report previously, but with the new "Which religion is more harmful" thread, I hope that the mods will take another look.

I'd link the threads, but they're going to stay on the front page for days.
Last edited by Alliir on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

Vindex Nation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vindex Nation » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:08 am

Here are the topics he has created.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=316706

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=314073

The top one could very much be flaming towards a group of people.
Proud Founder of The Republic Nations

~Conservative Libertarian~

`

"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~ Calvin Coolidge

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." ~Ronald Reagan

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ~William F. Buckley, Jr.

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” ~Ronald Regan

“A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.” ~ Robert Frost

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:12 am

Alliir wrote:Most, if not all of his posts on the forums involve inflammatory remarks pertaining to religion.

I think his rationale is quite clear. This is from the very top line of his OP in on of the linked threads:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:I am an Atheist who is strongly against religion.

Being religious does not exempt you from criticsm of your religion. Alternate viewpoints are welcome on these forums. I'm not seeing trolling - I'm seeing opinion.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:15 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Alliir wrote:Most, if not all of his posts on the forums involve inflammatory remarks pertaining to religion.

I think his rationale is quite clear. This is from the very top line of his OP in on of the linked threads:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:I am an Atheist who is strongly against religion.

Being religious does not exempt you from criticsm of your religion. Alternate viewpoints are welcome on these forums. I'm not seeing trolling - I'm seeing opinion.

That would be acceptable, if it wasn't obvious his entire nation was made TO criticize religion. If he only posts about religion being bad, even in his personal opinion, then that would be considered trolling. He's posting only to irritate and anger theists.

And once again, I bring up race. If somebody said the same things as he, but about race, he'd be labeled racist and locked down.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am

Alliir wrote:And once again, I bring up race. If somebody said the same things as he, but about race, he'd be labeled racist and locked down.

Race is a matter of fact. Religion is a matter of opinion. Apples and oranges comparison is irrelevant.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Alliir wrote:And once again, I bring up race. If somebody said the same things as he, but about race, he'd be labeled racist and locked down.

Race is a matter of fact. Religion is a matter of opinion. Apples and oranges comparison is irrelevant.

Not necessarily.
Religion is passed down by family. It isn't a matter of "I feel like believing this right now" in religion. It takes a great deal to become religious, or to lose religion. To the theist, his religion is matter-of-fact, and to an atheist his belief is matter-of-fact.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Vindex Nation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vindex Nation » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

I feel like if I made a post very similar about atheism rather than religion I would be banned for a few days and some mod would lock the thread
Proud Founder of The Republic Nations

~Conservative Libertarian~

`

"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~ Calvin Coolidge

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." ~Ronald Reagan

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ~William F. Buckley, Jr.

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” ~Ronald Regan

“A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.” ~ Robert Frost

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 am

So, is this being ignored now, or has everybody just forgotten?
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 am

No, it was addressed by Frisbeeteria. Not addressed the way you wanted it to be, but dealt with nonetheless, according to the site rules.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:11 am

Sedgistan wrote:No, it was addressed by Frisbeeteria. Not addressed the way you wanted it to be, but dealt with nonetheless, according to the site rules.

And I argued my point. From what happened here, it looks like the mods couldn't think of a good counter and just ignored it. Which is unacceptable.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 am

Moderation isn't getting drawn into a discussion of whether religion is opinion or matter of fact. You are more than welcome to debate that in General should you so wish. The ruling as been made - we're done here.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:46 am

Sedgistan wrote:Moderation isn't getting drawn into a discussion of whether religion is opinion or matter of fact. You are more than welcome to debate that in General should you so wish. The ruling as been made - we're done here.

It wasn't a discussion. You're ignoring my point; He made his nation only to degrade the religious. That sounds an awful lot like trolling.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:00 pm

I see a nation that posts on its RMB, answers issues, and has posted in other threads across the forum. And frankly, even if a player was only interested in debating the demerits of religion, that's an obsession/interest, not trolling.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:04 pm

He isn't debating, though. Nothing he says is much of a debate. It's just, "Your entire life is idiotic and horrible, and shouldn't exist".
If he actually sat down, and explained his views in a less abusive way, I'd be fine with it. As is, every time he posts it angers a HUGE group of people.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 pm

First topic? Controversial. Doesn't break the rules. This is a case where players can use debate to put the offender's argument down. Second topic? A topic that has been raised here more often than most. Not a problem. You've now had three moderators rule on this. Not actionable. There's nothing 'abusive' about it. We're done here.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation