NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Flame in "Does God Exist" OP

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Alliir
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

[REPORT] Flame in "Does God Exist" OP

Postby Alliir » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:26 pm

The "Does God Exist" Original Post seems to be unnecessarily hostile toward Christianity, and thus those who follow it. Mainly the below line;
I have realized that religion is one of the worst problems, if not THE worst, facing modern society.

This implies that religion is inherently bad, or, if not, that those who follow it are. I doubt that the thread, especially with such a start, can result in much civilized discussion. I suggest that the OP is edited, to be atleast slightly more objective. I would also like to note that he is free to express his thoughts, but this seems to cross the line into blatant flame.

If anybody has trouble finding the thread, here you are-
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=314073
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=314335

Euroslavia wrote:Not seeing any flaming in there. I'm seeing someone presenting their personal experience with religion. They're attacking religion, not those who believe in religion.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:It's an opinion that is expressed in a debatable way, it isn't flaming.

EDIT: Hi Euro :p
Last edited by Furry Alairia and Algeria on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 pm

It's not flaming. However, clearly in your other thread regarding racism, you're trolling.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Katganistan wrote:It's not flaming. However, clearly in your other thread regarding racism, you're trolling.

It was protesting. I didn't plan on people believing the post, I expected everyone to know what I was doing. I apologize for that, but I knew that otherwise my protest would be overlooked.
Last edited by Alliir on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Ok, what was I supposed to do?
I brought up the issue in the thread in question. I was told to go to moderation.
I reported the thread. I was told that blatant flaming was OK now.
What else? Argue my point? I may as well have warned myself for spamming moderation. Return to the thread? Like that would change anything. So, what's left?
Well, try to gain the attention of the mods so I can explain my point. If I did so in moderation, I wouldn't be given as much time or thought. A blatant mocking of the offensive thread, however, gains the attention of the mods and allows me to be heard. I didn't expect people to take it seriously, and that was poor planning on my part. But that doesn't mean that the mods can shrug my complaints off, when it's obvious that they are biased. Innumerable inflammatory anti-religion threads have gone unchecked, and I have accepted that some of them may have been somewhat acceptable, under some circumstances. But then someone comes out and says, plain and simple, that religion is inherently bad, and the mods say that they see nothing possibly wrong with it.
If the mods are so blind as to call what is BLATANT flaming "not actionable", then they aren't doing their jobs.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Your opinion has been noted, thank you.

Return to Moderation