NATION

PASSWORD

[Report} Trolling

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Calisu
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Report} Trolling

Postby Calisu » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:59 am

Kromar wrote:I think gender has to be influenced by environment at a young age, or why would fucked up, traumatized people become trans more often? Transsexuality is a mental disorder and a tragedy.

This is disgusting hopefully mods will actually deal with this instead of holding some grudge against me.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:12 am

Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Calisu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Calisu » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 am

Quintium wrote:
Calisu wrote:That's completely different from what he said. He essentially went the "homosexuality is a sin" route.

I don't see how he said that. He said it was a mental illness and a tragedy, and if you ask me he's right. It's a mental illness, at least according to mainstream psychiatry, and people who suffer from it have much higher rates of suicide and substance abuse and tend to be found at the very bottom of society, among the most vulnerable people in any country. So, I'd say it's also a tragedy.

Another bigot deal with this too.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:36 am

Calisu wrote:
Quintium wrote:
I don't see how he said that. He said it was a mental illness and a tragedy, and if you ask me he's right. It's a mental illness, at least according to mainstream psychiatry, and people who suffer from it have much higher rates of suicide and substance abuse and tend to be found at the very bottom of society, among the most vulnerable people in any country. So, I'd say it's also a tragedy.

There is a marked difference between Quintium's comment and Kromar's. Quintium doesn't go out of his way to use eloquent phrasing, such as, "fucked up, traumatized people". He labelled transgenderism as a mental illness. In this case, the comment is mild, borderline at best. The solution for this falls on you, the debater. He makes a claim, now demand he source it, otherwise quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur. That which can be claimed without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Calisu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Calisu » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:39 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Calisu wrote:Another bigot deal with this too.

There is a marked difference between Quintium's comment and Kromar's. Quintium doesn't go out of his way to use eloquent phrasing, such as, "fucked up, traumatized people". He labelled transgenderism as a mental illness. In this case, the comment is mild, borderline at best. The solution for this falls on you, the debater. He makes a claim, now demand he source it, otherwise quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur. That which can be claimed without proof can be dismissed without proof.

Sounds like you are on the "homosexuality is a mental illness" side of the fence, can I get a less biased mod?

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 am

Second opinion: Kryo is right. Don't assume that just because we allow for open debate of unpopular opinions that the mods who uphold that must then share those views.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

WestRedMaple
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WestRedMaple » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 am

Calisu wrote:
Quintium wrote:

Is this sort of insulting acceptable?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 am

wait, why was the thread locked?
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

It was being utterly threadjacked by this- it's open now.
Last edited by Mousebumples on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed a broken link

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:32 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:It was being utterly threadjacked by [ur=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=312707l]this [/url]- it's open now.

Umm, why was my post removed when it is on topic? Do I have to rewrite them? I mean you eft the post mentioning sources about mental disorder.
viewtopic.php?p=21776032#p21776032
Last edited by Neutraligon on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:33 am

If it was taken out mistakenly, you're free to copy it and paste it back in - the link is there in case some of those posts were mixed with the jacking content and usable content, and for anyone to see what had been posted. It was simply overtaking the discussion.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:If it was taken out mistakenly, you're free to copy it and paste it back in - the link is there in case some of those posts were mixed with the jacking content and usable content, and for anyone to see what had been posted. It was simply overtaking the discussion.

Thanks, I was worried you thought it was part of the jack. Actually how do I do that if it is locked?
Last edited by Neutraligon on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:37 am

You ... drag your mouse over the text while holding down your button and it can select and copy the text? >_>

Bit confused on how that was an issue. You don't get all the codes if you've formatted things, but all the content is right there, just as any copy/paste bit would be.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:You ... drag your mouse over the text while holding down your button and it can select and copy the text? >_>

Bit confused on how that was an issue. You don't get all the codes if you've formatted things, but all the content is right there, just as any copy/paste bit would be.

I was asking for the codes so I could quote the people I was responding to. I ended up just copying
Just A Little though

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:44 pm

RE: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=312707

Just making a quick post to say that we've read the discussion resulting from Mall's ruling and appreciate the different points of view, and I'm offering my own "third opinion" that the warning was warranted. Thanks to all that contributed to the dissection of the post in question.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Wretched Sinner
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wretched Sinner » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:38 am

Leritorius is trolling.

Leritorius wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Looks clean, looks nice. I'd steal the flag first chance I get. 9.9+.1/10

EDIT: Ninja'd

>has no flag
>rates other people flags

Leritorius wrote:
Wretched Sinner wrote:Still being troll I see.
8/10 for you

-Lastwordsgoodbye

Still into girly crap fishing for attention I see.
NoflagNoRating/10.
+Not a troll, just that no flag as avatar = no rating.

Lindhartia : 6/10.
Bluish grey's not a color you normally see on flags. You should try replacing it by a regular blue, or a blue/green.
And the logo would be better imo in a shield, or straight on field. Take both the stars & the diamond out. Gold goes fine on blue, not on white.

Leritorius wrote:Between Aasigna & Burleson, I'd say Burleson.

This is said without even considering AW-land (lastwordsmyass)

Leritorius wrote:
Lastwordsgoodbye wrote:What, so I don't count? >:(

Not a country, so no.
Last edited by Wretched Sinner on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
**Warning: Josh's little red panda girl**
Hello, it's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet...to go over.....everything.....I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at out feet there's such a difference.....between us....and a million miles.

Fortitudinem
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fortitudinem » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am

Wretched Sinner wrote:Leritorius is trolling.

Leritorius wrote:
>has no flag
>rates other people flags

Leritorius wrote:

Still into girly crap fishing for attention I see.
NoflagNoRating/10.
+Not a troll, just that no flag as avatar = no rating.

Lindhartia : 6/10.
Bluish grey's not a color you normally see on flags. You should try replacing it by a regular blue, or a blue/green.
And the logo would be better imo in a shield, or straight on field. Take both the stars & the diamond out. Gold goes fine on blue, not on white.

Leritorius wrote:Between Aasigna & Burleson, I'd say Burleson.

This is said without even considering AW-land (lastwordsmyass)

Leritorius wrote:

Not a country, so no.

I can vouch for the fact that this Leritorius is messing with Lastwordsgoodbye/Wretched Sinner. Read the posts m'self.
"They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies." ~William Penn
"Three for Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them,
One ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
"

You are you, and that's what makes you great. Never forget this and you won't lose hope.
I've been dating Mystle since February 3, 2015. <3
Fortitudinem has Magic!

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Not actionable.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:12 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Calisu wrote:Another bigot deal with this too.

with all respect, this is wrong, your defending attacking the poster. the opinion can be bigotted, "that statement is biggotted" should be ok. calling the poster one, even if he or she is, isnt by the site rules.

the calling of someone a bigot may not be major, and only warrent a knock it off, but it is arguably worse than calling someone an asshole

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:52 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:There is a marked difference between Quintium's comment and Kromar's. Quintium doesn't go out of his way to use eloquent phrasing, such as, "fucked up, traumatized people". He labelled transgenderism as a mental illness. In this case, the comment is mild, borderline at best. The solution for this falls on you, the debater. He makes a claim, now demand he source it, otherwise quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur. That which can be claimed without proof can be dismissed without proof.

with all respect, this is wrong, your defending attacking the poster. the opinion can be bigotted, "that statement is biggotted" should be ok. calling the poster one, even if he or she is, isnt by the site rules.

the calling of someone a bigot may not be major, and only warrent a knock it off, but it is arguably worse than calling someone an asshole

The difference is the latter offered a post that could be debated. Whether or not it's bigoted is not my place to judge because all opinion is bigoted in some form. We are here to determine rule violations, not police unpopular opinions. On a personal level, I believe it's wrong but as a Moderator, I have to be neutral. So, if someone is making a claim without proof, either demand they substantiate or dismiss it without proof. Unpopular opinions do not mean it's trolling, You can have a popular opinion and still troll.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation