NATION

PASSWORD

[Appeal] Thread lock.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

[Appeal] Thread lock.

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=311751&start=50
This thread was locked today, by Euroslavia. Reason given is that some/most/all nations will discredit some/most/all real life events.
I believe this is partially due to a misunderstanding on everyone's part.

I posted a statement in the OP recognizing that not all nations may not exist during the time of the real Cold War, and I asked them that if they were going to reply, to for a moment consider what they would be like, were they in the Cold War. Apparently this was either missed, or not enough.

My request is this:

If I clearly state that any cold war, including any and all fictional ones, is considered to be acceptable as a cold war, would I be allowed to repost and re-op the thread, or would it be re-opened with said changed OP?

Thanks in advance.
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:37 pm

I understand your point, but we still lock threads asking if they were involved in *real life event*. Perhaps if you spin it into some sort of fictional one, that'd be fine. If you'd rather hear from another RP mod altogether, I'd happily step aside and flag this for another moderator. :)
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Euroslavia wrote:I understand your point, but we still lock threads asking if they were involved in *real life event*. Perhaps if you spin it into some sort of fictional one, that'd be fine. If you'd rather hear from another RP mod altogether, I'd happily step aside and flag this for another moderator. :)

Please do, thanks.
-waits for modly flare to go up-
Btw, here's my IC flag

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:I understand your point, but we still lock threads asking if they were involved in *real life event*. Perhaps if you spin it into some sort of fictional one, that'd be fine. If you'd rather hear from another RP mod altogether, I'd happily step aside and flag this for another moderator. :)

Please do, thanks.
-waits for modly flare to go up-

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

The "No RL threads" ruling came about because of threads like "Your nation's opinion about Beyonce" or "How does your nation deal with Beiber Fever". It's spam, pure and simple. Furthermore, F&NI threads tend to be simple lists, not discussions. If you want to describe the history and ramification of events in your nation, you're better off with a Factbook or Dispatch about your nation's history than a series of disconnected posts in "... in your nation" threads.

Yukonastan wrote:If I clearly state that any cold war, including any and all fictional ones, is considered to be acceptable as a cold war, would I be allowed to repost and re-op the thread, or would it be re-opened with said changed OP?

A "Has your nation been affected or influenced by a Cold War" thread would be fine.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:The "No RL threads" ruling came about because of threads like "Your nation's opinion about Beyonce" or "How does your nation deal with Beiber Fever". It's spam, pure and simple. Furthermore, F&NI threads tend to be simple lists, not discussions. If you want to describe the history and ramification of events in your nation, you're better off with a Factbook or Dispatch about your nation's history than a series of disconnected posts in "... in your nation" threads.

Yukonastan wrote:If I clearly state that any cold war, including any and all fictional ones, is considered to be acceptable as a cold war, would I be allowed to repost and re-op the thread, or would it be re-opened with said changed OP?

A "Has your nation been affected or influenced by a Cold War" thread would be fine.

Alright, thank you.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Return to Moderation