NATION

PASSWORD

My closed thread about higher education

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Glorious Freedonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

My closed thread about higher education

Postby Glorious Freedonia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:28 pm

I apologize for not posting a link. I do not know how to do that. I created a thread in general about people going back to undergraduate study after doing graduate study. My thread was locked before it could get underway because a mod believed it was not an appropriate discussion for general. General is the place where we are free to discuss or debate anything. I do not know why it was inappropriate for general. What did I do wrong? Can my thread be reopened?
Last edited by Glorious Freedonia on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dazchan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:54 pm

This is the thread he's talking about:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=310402
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 pm

I locked it because there was nothing much to discuss. The thread looked more like you were asking advice of the forum, which means the thread is centering around you. Since NS is not a blog, it doesn't fit General or anywhere else.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Glorious Freedonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Glorious Freedonia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:22 pm

NERVUN wrote:I locked it because there was nothing much to discuss. The thread looked more like you were asking advice of the forum, which means the thread is centering around you. Since NS is not a blog, it doesn't fit General or anywhere else.

I was not seeking advice. I just wanted to see if there were like minded people on NSG. I also wanted to see if people have similar or different reasons why they decided to do this or plan to do this. Do you have a recommendation on how I can reword it? It is kind of a back to school themed higher education thread.

Return to Moderation