NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Trolling in "Your gender identity and sexual (etc)"

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

[Report] Trolling in "Your gender identity and sexual (etc)"

Postby Araraukar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 am

-The West Coast- wrote:There are only two, so its not hard to pick what gender or sexual orientation you are. I'm male and straight. How easy was that?

-The West Coast- wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:No, there isn't.

Yes... Yes there are. Two exist and are defined, the others are quack science.

-The West Coast- wrote:
Cyrisnia wrote:And your sources?

It's common knowledge that for centuries there has only been male and female and homosexuality and heterosexuality. All the rest are excuses made up by people to feel special and different and unique. My source is the entire human existence, man, just look it up.

-The West Coast- wrote:
The New Sea Territory wrote:
Explain Alexander the Great, the greatest bisexual who ever lived?

Explain the "Two-Spirit" of native American tribes?

No. I'm done being part of this unnecessary thread jack you all started.

Dropping inflammatory responses into the thread and then leaving? Can't see that as anything but trying to get people mad, especially as there are several non-binary people on the thread.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 am

This seems to have been missed.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 am

The problem here is that what you take as an absolute fact, others may see as opinion. We're not here to enforce a specific viewpoint. Just because you and others disagree with this viewpoint doesn't automatically make it trolling.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:32 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:The problem here is that what you take as an absolute fact, others may see as opinion. We're not here to enforce a specific viewpoint. Just because you and others disagree with this viewpoint doesn't automatically make it trolling.

I'd like to request a second opinion, because while your statement is true, it doesn't negate what Araraukar said:

Dropping inflammatory responses into the thread and then leaving? Can't see that as anything but trying to get people mad, especially as there are several non-binary people on the thread.

Last I checked, that was certainly the type of thing that was considered trolling. The West Coast claiming the reason for leaving being a threadjack that The West Coast himself started seems awfully suspect as well.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:The problem here is that what you take as an absolute fact, others may see as opinion. We're not here to enforce a specific viewpoint. Just because you and others disagree with this viewpoint doesn't automatically make it trolling.

I'd like to request a second opinion, because while your statement is true, it doesn't negate what Araraukar said:

Last I checked, that was certainly the type of thing that was considered trolling. The West Coast claiming the reason for leaving being a threadjack that The West Coast himself started seems awfully suspect as well.

I don't see it. He posted an incorrect statement of the facts, people argued with him and he left. He wasn't belligerent about it and no more snide than anyone else in that thread.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Return to Moderation