NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Flaimbait/Trolling? MH17 Topic

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

[Report] Flaimbait/Trolling? MH17 Topic

Postby Kamchastkia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Oaledonia wrote:
Kamchastkia wrote:You don't have to fly at the same altitude as another plane to shoot it down. But then again, random guys on nationstates know everything about the capabilities of military aircraft.

Hurr durr, very snippy.
Suhkoi officially said that the top flight ceiling of a loaded aircraft is 5km, and a R-60 missile has a range of 8 km, that makes a flight difference of more then 100km in range, assuming the aircraft could even lock onto it with the nose mounted radar. But what do I know? I only have the official statistics from the manufacturer and Russian defense ministry. You RT apologists need to stop grasping at straws and attacking our intelligence.

Questioning my integrity and my intelligence.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 am

Kamchastkia wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:Hurr durr, very snippy.
Suhkoi officially said that the top flight ceiling of a loaded aircraft is 5km, and a R-60 missile has a range of 8 km, that makes a flight difference of more then 100km in range, assuming the aircraft could even lock onto it with the nose mounted radar. But what do I know? I only have the official statistics from the manufacturer and Russian defense ministry. You RT apologists need to stop grasping at straws and attacking our intelligence.

Questioning my integrity and my intelligence.

Happens all the time in NSG. And he seems to be accusing you of attacking his intelligence. Not actionable.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Kamchastkia wrote:Questioning my integrity and my intelligence.

Happens all the time in NSG. And he seems to be accusing you of attacking his intelligence. Not actionable.

Just because it is common doesn't make it acceptable.

He is clearly bringing into question my ability to form my own opinions--which is obvious flamebait.
Last edited by Kamchastkia on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Happens all the time in NSG. And he seems to be accusing you of attacking his intelligence. Not actionable.

Just because it is common doesn't make it acceptable.

He is clearly bringing into question my ability to form my own opinions--which is obvious flamebait.

Second opinion: He is clearly attacking your opinion and stating that you lack correct ones backed by facts. Not actionable, disagreeing with you isn't flamebait.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Thirded, though it isn't needed. Standing with the appraisal of my fellow mods on this one. Rudeness is second nature to NSG, and is rarely called on unless it comes across as unpopular, or targets one who thinks they're above it. Unless it slides directly into flaming/trolling/baiting, it's tolerated to an acceptable degree. One can't enforce good manners, after all.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Thirded, though it isn't needed. Standing with the appraisal of my fellow mods on this one. Rudeness is second nature to NSG, and is rarely called on unless it comes across as unpopular, or targets one who thinks they're above it. Unless it slides directly into flaming/trolling/baiting, it's tolerated to an acceptable degree. One can't enforce good manners, after all.

I know this might not be the right place, but since you thirded, if he files for a final appeal, you cannot rule on that one, is that correct?
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Thirded, though it isn't needed. Standing with the appraisal of my fellow mods on this one. Rudeness is second nature to NSG, and is rarely called on unless it comes across as unpopular, or targets one who thinks they're above it. Unless it slides directly into flaming/trolling/baiting, it's tolerated to an acceptable degree. One can't enforce good manners, after all.

I know this might not be the right place, but since you thirded, if he files for a final appeal, you cannot rule on that one, is that correct?

Ah, but there are more than enough Mods to make a ruling. Why, there are Mods you don't even know about. *smiles chillingly*
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Ah, but there are more than enough Mods to make a ruling. Why, there are Mods you don't even know about. *smiles chillingly*

I don't think there are mods I don't know about, though there are mods that are never on.

But I still have the same question, which I believe is unanswered and was directed expertly. Could she still rule?

The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Ah, but there are more than enough Mods to make a ruling. Why, there are Mods you don't even know about. *smiles chillingly*

I don't think there are mods I don't know about, though there are mods that are never on.

But I still have the same question, which I believe is unanswered and was directed expertly. Could she still rule?

She probably wouldn't, just as I wouldn't. I would certainly offer an opinion if asked by another Mod. Why do you care?

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:05 pm

It just popped into my head. Sorry.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation