NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Flamebaiting in the America thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[REPORT] Flamebaiting in the America thread

Postby Calimera II » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Last edited by Calimera II on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:23 pm

That really doesn't look like flame baiting to me. But that's my opinion, besides we have people saying America and Israel should be wiped out etc etc all the time on the forums. But again it's just my opinion.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Calimera II wrote:
If this isn't flaimbaiting.....

That really doesn't look like flame baiting to me. But that's my opinion, besides we have people saying America and Israel should be wiped out etc etc all the time on the forums. But again it's just my opinion.

The definition of flamebaiting:
Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player.
Last edited by Calimera II on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:That really doesn't look like flame baiting to me. But that's my opinion, besides we have people saying America and Israel should be wiped out etc etc all the time on the forums. But again it's just my opinion.

Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player.

I've looked at several postings after said post and it doesn't look like much of a fuss was given for the purpose of flame baiting.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

I've looked at several postings after said post and it doesn't look like much of a fuss was given for the purpose of flame baiting.

Thanks for your contribution, but I don't agree. (:
Now it's up to the mods.

EDIT: Yes it did trigger an extremely angry reaction.
Last edited by Calimera II on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:I've looked at several postings after said post and it doesn't look like much of a fuss was given for the purpose of flame baiting.

Now it's up to the mods.

Just curious what page?

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Calimera II wrote:
Now it's up to the mods.

Just curious what page?

The last post.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Addressed. In this particular case, I'm inclined to rule that it is inflammatory.

Gig em Aggies wrote:I've looked at several postings after said post and it doesn't look like much of a fuss was given for the purpose of flame baiting.

Good for you. But hey, guess what? You're not a mod. You have no business stating whether something is a violation. Enjoy your *** 6-hour time out. ***
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Unggoy Star Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unggoy Star Empire » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Is this really worth the Fuss? Honestly, we're banning people for 7 days because they tried to cause a Flamewar? Why not just forum ban the guy? And, I mean, is this how Butthurt people can get?

Sorry, I thought who started the post was getting a time-out.
Last edited by Unggoy Star Empire on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Unggoy Star Empire wrote:But if he was right, then why is he getting Punished? And if you agree with him and deal with it, then why are you punishing him? Just wondering.

See: Rules, Announcements and Megathreads: READ ME FIRST.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Thank you Kryozerkia (:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation