NATION

PASSWORD

Are Roleplay and Gameplay both treated fairly? [Discussion]

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 am

Lyras wrote:It does seem oddly unjust that the Raider answer to this issue is 'do things which participate in our mechanic, so as to stop us if you can'.

If I'd said 'you have to RP properly, otherwise I'll RP my invasion of your territory, and prevent you from raiding as you'd like', then I'd be laughed at, but that is, more or less, the paradigm in place, in a sense.

There is no comparison here,GP operates on different mechanics,customs and conventions,it's not "our" mechanic,its everyones - the influence system is in YOUR favor,not the raiders,just look at Anarchy,which is holding on after 156 days due to the influence buildup by natives

Everything is in DNN(Defender,Neutral,Native - trying to make this a proper term :P) their favor,they just do not use anything in their favor,while the raiders use the little advantages they have to the fullest
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:22 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Vaculatestar4 wrote:So you want to ban us from posting our regional news?

I want you to stop seizing -- and often wrecking -- other people's regions. Cutting down on your right to boast about those actions seems one way of deterring you.
No other side of the game gets to force its style of play on other people, so why should raiders have that special privilege?

It has been a big mistake to allow the raiders so much leeway, and this problem should have been solved long ago. When you let an infection go untreated, it will only get worse. But now that the moderators have apparently been forced to accept a known and utterly unapologetical raider in their ranks, things certainly didn't get better in any respect.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Mekhet
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mekhet » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:I want you to stop seizing -- and often wrecking -- other people's regions. Cutting down on your right to boast about those actions seems one way of deterring you.
No other side of the game gets to force its style of play on other people, so why should raiders have that special privilege?

It has been a big mistake to allow the raiders so much leeway, and this problem should have been solved long ago. When you let an infection go untreated, it will only get worse. But now that the moderators have apparently been forced to accept a known and utterly unapologetical raider in their ranks, things certainly didn't get better in any respect.

Yet again, it was apparently Sedge a former defender mod that nominated Mall for the role. Sedge couped TSP once, but he would hardly ever be considered a raider.

Equinox
"Join the Church of Hat-thiesm. ALL THINGS THAT COVER YOUR HEAD IS A HAT! HATS!!!" - Pope Hatchard I

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:24 am

Mekhet wrote:Yet again, it was apparently Sedge a former defender mod that nominated Mall for the role. Sedge couped TSP once, but he would hardly ever be considered a raider.

There are defenders who defend because they actually think that raiding should be stopped, but then there are also defenders who defend [mainly] because they consider the R/D subgame fun and just happen to have chosen that side of it for one reason or another: Which end of that scale did Sedge tend towards?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 am

I just realized, after seeing all these posts, that us raiders are the one at fault. We are ruining years of hard work in the matter of a month. We just jump in and destroy what RPers have worked for. It's sick what we do. We drive people out of the game and make it harder for people trying to live in peace succeed.
I also just realized that this realization made it all the more sweeter to raid. I think the term for this schadenfreude. You aren't gonna make us change by moralistic side...
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:49 am

The Sapientia wrote:I just realized, after seeing all these posts, that us raiders are the one at fault. We are ruining years of hard work in the matter of a month. We just jump in and destroy what RPers have worked for. It's sick what we do. We drive people out of the game and make it harder for people trying to live in peace succeed.
I also just realized that this realization made it all the more sweeter to raid. I think the term for this schadenfreude. You aren't gonna make us change by moralistic side...

Are you trying to provoke a fight? Because if so, you're doing a fantastic job. How about instead you play nice.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:03 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
The Sapientia wrote:I just realized, after seeing all these posts, that us raiders are the one at fault. We are ruining years of hard work in the matter of a month. We just jump in and destroy what RPers have worked for. It's sick what we do. We drive people out of the game and make it harder for people trying to live in peace succeed.

Are you trying to provoke a fight? Because if so, you're doing a fantastic job. How about instead you play nice.

Anything goes now that a raider has become a moderator. If I would have said something similar, I would have received a warning.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:Are you trying to provoke a fight? Because if so, you're doing a fantastic job. How about instead you play nice.

Anything goes now that a raider has become a moderator. If I would have said something similar, I would have received a warning.

Mate, calm down. You aren't helping our case.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:51 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:Are you trying to provoke a fight? Because if so, you're doing a fantastic job. How about instead you play nice.

Seriously what is wrong with having a Raider as a mod? Raiding breaks no rules - It's an aspect of gameplay. If we have members fro all across NS as mods we don't have close-minded views from those governing us -.-
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 am

Not to worry, folks. Posts like this only serve to provide us with referenced examples of those who like to tap-dance on landmines. They aren't the only ones who derive a certain satisfaction when events come to their logical conclusion. *smiles serenely* Ah yes, schadenfreude. It goes both ways.

Also, as a note - no one 'forced' anyone to accept a 'raider' into our ranks as moderators. Mal was vetted by the entire group, as an experienced and competent player. And I for one, though I disagree with his preferred part of the game, have no problem with him as a moderator or person. He's been solid, and offered some great insight into not only the R/D bit, but other aspects of the game I was less familiar with. Let's not dive straight into the mudslinging if we can avoid it, and instead, focus on more useful suggestions and potential solutions, hm?

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 am

The fact of the matter is life isn't fair. Nothing is fair and just unfortunately. Gameplay and Roleplay being treated as equal as each over is something that'll never occur. Roleplay is left to do what it does whereas Gameplay is constantly targeted for change - specifically R/D. I don't jump in your Roleplay threads going off my head about how unfair it is someone has eight billion as their population in a realistic Roleplay - so don't jump out telling me that R/D should be stopped because some people feel butthurt that they were raided - rather than whine do what the rest of NS does and just turn WAD to non-executive.

Now - someone direct me to a rule saying raiding is not allowed? No? No one? Damn~

In saying that - why can't we have a raider as a Moderator? Today you all whine because he's a raider - Tomorrow because ones a capitalist - and than what? We are lead by a minority that shares similar views. Whether we like it or not the Mods are people - which means hey are influenced by their personal values and beliefs. That's why I certainly feel we should have a diverse culture amongst our mods :lol:
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am

Riftend wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Anything goes now that a raider has become a moderator. If I would have said something similar, I would have received a warning.

Seriously what is wrong with having a Raider as a mod? Raiding breaks no rules - It's an aspect of gameplay. If we have members fro all across NS as mods we don't have close-minded views from those governing us -.-

Raiding doesn't inherently break site rules. It's the actions of individual players that may. The same goes for Defenders, RPers, GPers, WA delegates/ambassadors, NSGers etc.
Problem to Report?

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 am

Riftend, the reason you don't jump into people's RP's is because it's against the rules to troll like that.

There isn't the same protection in the R/D mess, and you know it. So it's a patently false equivalency issue there. You could do with toning it down a touch, considering you know full well how testy a subject this all is.

Yes, we get it. Everyone thinks they are in the right, and the other side is in the wrong. Surprise. But if you can't contribute with anything but gloating and waving the fact in one another's faces, there isn't much point to your posting other than to act somewhat dickish. I'd rather we avoided that, thanks.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:16 am

Riftend wrote:The fact of the matter is life isn't fair. Nothing is fair and just unfortunately. Gameplay and Roleplay being treated as equal as each over is something that'll never occur. Roleplay is left to do what it does
except when raiders attack, and possibly wreck, RP-based regions...

whereas Gameplay is constantly targeted for change - specifically R/D.

Because raiders keep on finding ways to exploit the system so that they can attack regions whose inhabitants don't want to play that side of the game, and NS's administration realise that they have to do something to slow that process so that the raids don't drive "too many" of the non-raiding players out of NS altogther or at least push "too many" of them into the founders & sinks rather than UCRs... either of which results would, according to various of the more vocal raiders, themselves be enough to "kill" the R/D side of things.

rather than whine do what the rest of NS does and just turn WAD to non-executive.

For the umpteenth furless time -- and at least the third time this week in response to one of your posts >:( -- the regions most at risk from raiders are the founderless regions, and the game's coding means that the WADs of founderless regions are automatically 'executive'.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 am

Not helping the opinion of R/D improve with shit like that :palm:

As for being treated fairly...I"d say yeah. RPers get a shit ton of extra forums (we only get one), have thread ownership, and can do their thing without actually utilizing the game. GPers are *hopefully* getting a ton of new features that will liven things up and perhaps make it a bit more challenging (delegate elect proposal)
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 am

Riftend wrote:The fact of the matter is life isn't fair. Nothing is fair and just unfortunately. Gameplay and Roleplay being treated as equal as each over is something that'll never occur. Roleplay is left to do what it does whereas Gameplay is constantly targeted for change - specifically R/D. I don't jump in your Roleplay threads going off my head about how unfair it is someone has eight billion as their population in a realistic Roleplay - so don't jump out telling me that R/D should be stopped because some people feel butthurt that they were raided - rather than whine do what the rest of NS does and just turn WAD to non-executive.

Now - someone direct me to a rule saying raiding is not allowed? No? No one? Damn~

In saying that - why can't we have a raider as a Moderator? Today you all whine because he's a raider - Tomorrow because ones a capitalist - and than what? We are lead by a minority that shares similar views. Whether we like it or not the Mods are people - which means hey are influenced by their personal values and beliefs. That's why I certainly feel we should have a diverse culture amongst our mods :lol:

Just to clarify: many don't go by game stats for population, culture and so on.

The difference you mentioned does serve a point. You are more than free to state your opinion regarding RP in forums. You can even state it in an OOC thread (although you strongly risk being reported for spamming and/or threadjacking). You can't state it in an IC thread where participants are often approved at the discretion of the OP. The IC thread is where the actual RP game is played. There is set etiquette that all who participate follow. Rules for the game are established by the one that owns the thread.

Users are free to state their opinion regarding RD in the forums. However, raiders come into RP regions. The entire region might be IC. Participants are approved by whoever's in charge. You, as a raider, jump into RP "threads" (the RP game itself) when you raid. The problem lies in the fact that there aren't any rules which state "raiding is not allowed in closed RP games - ie regions". That may be where the strife lies for some people, actually.

That said, tack on the usual "Cer is pro-raider" and "RD is here to stay". Top it with "use your passwords, strip the Delegate of power and save your WFE code someplace safe". My usual spiel.

I agree with you regarding diversity.

RPers might not be aware of it, but Mall provides valuable insight. As a Mentor looking to find harmony between communities, I know I can approach him and receive honest and frank answers from an experienced raider's standpoint. This allows me to either go back to the drawing board or else scrap my concept. I appreciate that.

I don't believe all communities are represented by Mods yet. I don't think we have any familiar with P2TM, for example. However, their collective knowledge spreads out to encompass all aspects of the site. An individual Mod may be biased or partial to one aspect but, when functioning as Mods here in this forum or via GHR complaints, they don't act completely alone unless something seems rather black and white (bots, sig length complaints, obvious trolling or spam etc). That point has been expressed in this forum quite a few times. There is collective discussion on heavier matters. Users are also given the option of requesting a second opinion on a ruling if they believe the Mod's decision was unfair or lacking.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:

Right,A raider mod is evil by default and will rule in favor of raiders even when they are wrong

Bears Armed wrote:
Because raiders keep on finding ways to exploit the system so that they can attack regions whose inhabitants don't want to play that side of the game, and NS's administration realise that they have to do something to slow that process so that the raids don't drive "too many" of the non-raiding players out of NS altogther or at least push "too many" of them into the founders & sinks rather than UCRs... either of which results would, according to various of the more vocal raiders, themselves be enough to "kill" the R/D side of things.

Exploit? such as?

For the umpteenth furless time -- and at least the third time this week in response to one of your posts >:( -- the regions most at risk from raiders are the founderless regions, and the game's coding means that the WADs of founderless regions are automatically 'executive'.

For the gallilithiond time,founderless regions can refound,see FRA for that particular action
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am

Tano wrote:

Not helping the opinion of R/D improve with shit like that :palm:

On the contrary, Sapientia's honesty is refreshing. He/she at least has the backbone to not drench raiders' motives in a bunch of self-satisfied apologism about 'increasing activity' or some such bullshit.
Last edited by Avenio on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tano
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:20 am

Avenio wrote:
Tano wrote:Not helping the opinion of R/D improve with shit like that :palm:

On the contrary, Sapientia's honesty is refreshing. He/she at least has the backbone to not drench raiders' motives in a bunch of self-satisfied apologism about 'increasing activity' or some such bullshit.

There are ways of stating that without coming across in the way he did. It was not helpful to either side.
Tano Holland

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 am

Tano wrote:
Avenio wrote:

There are ways of stating that without coming across in the way he did. It was not helpful to either side.

I disagree. Now that the fact of the matter is out in the open - namely that raiding really is just legalized griefing with uniforms and ranks - we can get a lot more done. We're not going to be mutually talking past each other with euphemisms or what have you, just the plain honest truth of it.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:35 am

Kryozerkia wrote:

It was a way of saying that all these arguments are not going to matter to a raider. We're doing this for fun, just like an RPer or someone who wants to chat on the RMB, albiet in a slightly somewhat extremely dickish way.
I would rephrase my post in hindsight.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:45 am

Tano wrote:
Avenio wrote:On the contrary, Sapientia's honesty is refreshing. He/she at least has the backbone to not drench raiders' motives in a bunch of self-satisfied apologism about 'increasing activity' or some such bullshit.

At least Sapientia is not beating around the bush or telling pretty lies in order to make raiders look beautiful and worthy of admiration. He may receive some backlash from his fellow raiders because of it, but maybe he is raider enough not to care about that either.

Tano
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:55 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Tano wrote:There are ways of stating that without coming across in the way he did. It was not helpful to either side.

At least Sapientia is not beating around the bush or telling pretty lies in order to make raiders look beautiful and worthy of admiration. He may receive some backlash from his fellow raiders because of it, but maybe he is raider enough not to care about that either.

Erm...what? I don't ever remember a raider trying to make himself look "beautiful and worthy of admiration." Some believe in the activity thing. I personally like raiding because it's fun. I don't do it to be jackass to natives, or to disrupt communities.

So in essence, I do agree with the larger point Sap was trying to make, but not the way he phrased it.
Tano Holland

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm

The Sapientia wrote:

It was a way of saying that all these arguments are not going to matter to a raider. We're doing this for fun, just like an RPer or someone who wants to chat on the RMB, albiet in a slightly somewhat extremely dickish way.
I would rephrase my post in hindsight.

I understand your meaning, but it did indeed come off kinda dickish. But then again, hindsight is 20/20. :) As long as you know for next time.
Problem to Report?

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:22 pm

however dickish it came off as, he is lampshading an important point. The fact is that these actions are specifically griefing, and there is no way to really mask it as something else, as the fact is that Raiders do enjoy seeing the hard work people put into making and upkeeping a region and destroying it to make people upset, as it is something they do for fun. If trying to upset a group of players for fun is not trolling or griefing, then I don't know what is. We have to redefine trolling or griefing to make it inapplicable to this kind of action, or we have to say that 'trolling is allowed'. This means that the rules aren't being applied equitably as they would be in a generalite thread, a P2TM thread, OR an RP thread. This is the privilege that is reserved for the R&Ders that I think that needs to be done away with, but that is just me. Trolling is trolling, and I feel we should call it such so as not to mask it with a veneer of legitimacy.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation