NATION

PASSWORD

How do I volunteer?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Land of Minecraft
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

How do I volunteer?

Postby Land of Minecraft » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:20 am

I read in the NationStates terms and conditions that there are volunteers that work for nationstates. I would like to be a volunteer. Is it only for experienced people? Because my First Nation was called Nuclear Death Land

And if you don't believe that was me, I can send you a telegram...

So, can I be a volunteer for Nationstates? Do I have to take an interview or something?

Thank you,
land of minecraft
I love Minecraft!
If you have any questions about Minecraft, feel free to telegram me!
Also, I love to say nice things about people! Telegram me, and I'll find something nice to say about you! We must destroy the haters!

GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 am

I'd be interested in volunteering too. Perhaps in something that isn't modly though ^-^.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 am

Volunteers are mostly considered Moderators and Admins. Becoming either is not a simple 'sign here' thing. It takes time to do either. Now, i don't know how one is decided to become an admin, you'd have to ask one. However to become a moderator, a player, not yourself using a puppet, must suggest you into a pool of people being considered should the site need more mods.

In this, they review your record of current nation/puppets, and past nations/puppets. They take a look at how you handle yourself, and (Though some people misinterpret this part) Watch your TG box (Misinterpretation thinking they watch everyone's, they do not). Through this process the eliminate the number of candidates until they've made a selection.

There are other, less rigourous forms of volunteering, too. Mentors. International Incidents and P2TM mentors are like tutors for Roleplaying. They are highly skilled, experienced and respected members, who help to better themselves, others, and the community. Mentor groups are beneath the mods, and are not higher than players other than that some view them this way, though they are just the same as you or i. To become a mentor, one of the group (As i last read in the II mentors' thread long time ago) give you a random scenario, and ask you to roleplay it to full ability. If they find that you have what they want to represent, you will become a mentor as soon as a (Game mod i think) Come on to change your name and member group.

There also Issues Writers, and Editors. These are people who right, edit, fix and review the issues receive each day. How you become, well i'm not too sure, but its something you can look into!

And i think that about covers everything, tell me if i missed anything anyone. I hope this isn't spamming, and i hope that i helped you as well!
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:50 am

Nope- not spam at all. That was actually an excellent post New Babylonia, thank you!

Basically that. As to how? Get involved. No one starts off as a volunteer here. You grow into it, really.

See what area holds your interest most, and get involved there. Be a part of things. Get noticed as one of the players whose participation is appreciated and respected. Stick to site rules. Be courteous and helpful to your fellow players.

If it's issues, submit some! If it's the GA/WA, debate, vote, write up proposals etc. RP? Set 'em up, write 'em up, participate. General? Lead by example in your discussions. Gameplay? The same. And any other sector of the game, it all applies.

And above all - enjoy yourself. :)

Land of Minecraft
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Land of Minecraft » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Nope- not spam at all. That was actually an excellent post New Babylonia, thank you!

Basically that. As to how? Get involved. No one starts off as a volunteer here. You grow into it, really.

See what area holds your interest most, and get involved there. Be a part of things. Get noticed as one of the players whose participation is appreciated and respected. Stick to site rules. Be courteous and helpful to your fellow players.

If it's issues, submit some! If it's the GA/WA, debate, vote, write up proposals etc. RP? Set 'em up, write 'em up, participate. General? Lead by example in your discussions. Gameplay? The same. And any other sector of the game, it all applies.

And above all - enjoy yourself. :)

Thanks everyone. I guess it is going to be a while... :meh:
I love Minecraft!
If you have any questions about Minecraft, feel free to telegram me!
Also, I love to say nice things about people! Telegram me, and I'll find something nice to say about you! We must destroy the haters!

GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Return to Moderation