NATION

PASSWORD

Quoting rules in Report threads?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Quoting rules in Report threads?

Postby Enfaru » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:34 am

Mostly a question, it seems that some users don't read the rules *guilty as charged...repeatedly apparently* and the moderators are quite clearly very busy dealing with more pressing matters, like removing banned links, DEATing bad people and otherwise keeping the forums in a neat and orderly manner. ('cepting of course for the moose).

So I'm wondering whether it's appropriate for a member; when a moderator hasn't posted already in the thread, to point out the ruling as to when for instance a forum member is spamming in a report thread. Provided the quote is properly quoted and linked to?

Or would I find myself looking at Reploid's Sword of DEAT in my final moments?
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 am

Y'know, I was about to put down a whole rationalization about what is and isn't allowed in Moderation, but the short answer is "No". We've got enough mods that 'helpful' posts in [Report] threads are rarely helpful. 99% of reports aren't time sensitive, and the ones that are time sensitive are the ones you can't help with.

tl;dr - let's stick to the "no spamming in moderation" rule.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Sword of DEAT it is then. Luckily the thread was locked before I could post. Thanks for saving my bacon.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Return to Moderation