NATION

PASSWORD

New theme: "Century"

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Usual People In Life
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Usual People In Life » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 am

Violet, I am getting the same issue with the buttons changing to green as Unibot is getting. I am using Chrome 8.0.552.224 AdBlock 2.2.23 previously 2.2.19 (but will recheck and edit post) and NS theme Century Wide RMB.

EDIT: rechecked with AdBlock 2.2.23 still having the same issue. Issue does NOT rectify with AdBlock paused, so I dont think thats the problem. Oh, and I am using a Dell Latitude E5400 with Windows XP Professional SP3 if that helps.

It appears as well that recently the network admin for the network I use has installed OpenDNS somewhere on the network, not sure what it is but it might explain the new IP address from my nation, and I have moved home recently, just so you know. As far as I am aware, no one else using the network I use plays NS.
Last edited by Usual People In Life on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
When is a nation not a nation? When it's a region!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:07 pm

:p The GA flag appears to be at half-mast; has somebody died?: http://century.nationstates.net/page=un

Also, what is that ghastly, oversized NATIONSTATES banner in use on the main page? Can't all the pages use the same banner with the green globe, as seen above?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote::p The GA flag appears to be at half-mast; has somebody died?

Sadly, yes. The GA flag was lowered due to the untimely... uh... no, I've got nothing.

Fixed.

Also, what is that ghastly, oversized NATIONSTATES banner in use on the main page? Can't all the pages use the same banner with the green globe, as seen above?

Everybody is seeing different things at the moment depending on which theme they've selected and which subdomain they're on, so I'm not sure which banner you're referring to. The Century "Welcome" page has a larger banner, but it's just a bigger version of the same green globe.

Fallen Mountain
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fallen Mountain » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Cool!

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:28 am

I do not have the scrollbar, but I am able to horizontally scroll the sidebar.

As demonstrated here: http://screencast.com/t/RumaH2wms

I can just scroll the sidebar by moving the mouse horizontally, I am running Mac OS X 10.6.5, and Safari Version 5.0.3 (6533.19.4).

Not sure if this was intentional or not.
Last edited by Solm on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:32 am

[violet] wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Also, what is that ghastly, oversized NATIONSTATES banner in use on the main page? Can't all the pages use the same banner with the green globe, as seen above?

Everybody is seeing different things at the moment depending on which theme they've selected and which subdomain they're on, so I'm not sure which banner you're referring to. The Century "Welcome" page has a larger banner, but it's just a bigger version of the same green globe.

I'm actually referring to this; it's what I get after I log into my nation: http://century.nationstates.net/images/banner3.jpg

And it's hideous! Can we please change it to something more resembling the green globe version?

EDIT: see subsequent posts.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:47 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
[violet] wrote:Everybody is seeing different things at the moment depending on which theme they've selected and which subdomain they're on, so I'm not sure which banner you're referring to. The Century "Welcome" page has a larger banner, but it's just a bigger version of the same green globe.

I'm actually referring to this; it's what I get after I log into my nation: http://century.nationstates.net/images/banner3.jpg

And it's hideous! Can we please change it to something more resembling the green globe version?

Check your settings, I think you're set for "Century (desaturated)" instead of just "Century."
Last edited by Flibbleites on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:43 pm

You're right. :p

What does "desaturated" mean, anyway?

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Solm wrote:I do not have the scrollbar, but I am able to horizontally scroll the sidebar.

As demonstrated here: http://screencast.com/t/RumaH2wms

Ooh, nifty screencast, thanks.

You're experiencing a bug from selecting a non-default theme on a nation that hadn't entered the forum yet: it's styling your sidebar but not the rest of the page. You see you have the old-style banner still, and the sidebar is too skinny; it's cut off at the right.

You can fix this by switching themes in Settings, or just wait a while, because it will go away when Century becomes default.

BrightonBurg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby BrightonBurg » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:00 pm

I figured this would be the place for it,I got around to trying the new Century theme,It's real nice, I like it.

Just one nations opinion out here in NS-land
"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

Indig0
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Conservative Democracy

Postby Indig0 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:52 am

i like the new theme that you will put on because of that green globe thing in the banner. makes it more colorful.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Moving to default Real Soon Now. Hold on to your butts.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Locking thread as we're about to exit the beta period. Thanks for the feedback!

New thread for discussion of Century as the default theme will be here.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical