NATION

PASSWORD

"Next issue" and Lynx (yes, this is a serious request)

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

"Next issue" and Lynx (yes, this is a serious request)

Postby Rejistania » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 am

I have the following issues: I find answering issues in all my puppets easier in Lynx than in graphical browsers. Partly because my computer is antideluvian, partly habit, partly because I am strange, don't judge. One issue I have is the following: If there are pending issues, the time to the next issue is shown in text. If a country is "gloriously issue-free", all I see is "Next issue" and then nothing because the rest of the time is dynamically loaded images. Could those of us who use lynx and those who use screen-readers have a text-based alternative?

And just because last time it led to reactions: Yes, this is a serious issue I am having, no, I am not joking. And, yes, I know how old Lynx is.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:09 am

Rejistania wrote:I have the following issues: I find answering issues in all my puppets easier in Lynx than in graphical browsers. Partly because my computer is antideluvian, partly habit, partly because I am strange, don't judge. One issue I have is the following: If there are pending issues, the time to the next issue is shown in text. If a country is "gloriously issue-free", all I see is "Next issue" and then nothing because the rest of the time is dynamically loaded images. Could those of us who use lynx and those who use screen-readers have a text-based alternative?

And just because last time it led to reactions: Yes, this is a serious issue I am having, no, I am not joking. And, yes, I know how old Lynx is.

Have you tried changing your theme in Settings? I know that Antiquity is screen-reader friendly- maybe it'll work for you on Lynx as well.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Rejistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:10 pm

This is not theme-related. And, yes, I do use Antiquity for my puppets fir that reason.

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Rejistania wrote:don't judge

I am going to judge. Every minute spent on making someone's ancient tech backwards compatible takes away a minute that could be working on new or improved functionality.

[violet] will probably wander in sometime and make this fix for you and screen reader players. If that helps our blind or disabled readership, that's great. If it only helps the merely lazy or weird, you've got no support from me.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:04 pm

The countdown is supposedly readable by screen-readers, but it's more annoying. Antiquity theme will now always display the time in text instead.

Rejistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks! This is amazing! :bow:

Return to Technical