NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Downloading telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

[Suggestion] Downloading telegrams

Postby Minoa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:58 am

Hi,

I would like to see the ability to download all my telegrams and telegram conversations, perhaps as a ZIP file for backups. While one may suggest that I download each telegram page from Firefox, such action does not preserve the formatting.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 am

I suppose I wouldn't mind this feature, but it's not hard to copy and paste a telegram/telegram conversation into a notepad or document. :P
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:45 am

Sygian II wrote:I suppose I wouldn't mind this feature, but it's not hard to copy and paste a telegram/telegram conversation into a notepad or document. :P

It can be depending on how long it goes on for.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:18 pm

Sygian II wrote:I suppose I wouldn't mind this feature, but it's not hard to copy and paste a telegram/telegram conversation into a notepad or document. :P

I have about 2,500 telegrams sent and received. I imagine some people have rather a lot more.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Maltropia wrote:

I have about 2,500 telegrams sent and received. I imagine some people have rather a lot more.

Oh, I have quite a few as well. Not all are significant to me, though. I never said the initial idea was a bad one, just that it was not necessarily needed.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:19 am

I think it would have to be a paid feature since otherwise people would stop purchasing Postmaster accounts and just download their telegrams which would reduce the revenue of NS.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 am

Lollerland wrote:I think it would have to be a paid feature since otherwise people would stop purchasing Postmaster accounts and just download their telegrams which would reduce the revenue of NS.

Maybe it should come with Postmaster.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 am

Isn't it a lot simpler to just make a word/text document and copy-paste the data of your TG in there?
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am

Doom Legions wrote:Isn't it a lot simpler to just make a word/text document and copy-paste the data of your TG in there?

Not always. This is a feature that I, and probably quite a few others out there would be willing to pay for.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:18 am

Cresenthia wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Isn't it a lot simpler to just make a word/text document and copy-paste the data of your TG in there?

Not always. This is a feature that I, and probably quite a few others out there would be willing to pay for.

How exactly is my suggestion not a plausible solution though? Afterall TG's are just text, they don't support any fancy smancy stuff like the things you can put in forum posts.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 am

Doom Legions wrote:
Cresenthia wrote:Not always. This is a feature that I, and probably quite a few others out there would be willing to pay for.

How exactly is my suggestion not a plausible solution though? Afterall TG's are just text, they don't support any fancy smancy stuff like the things you can put in forum posts.

As already pointed out in this thread before, there are those who have thousands of telegrams and it would be a really tiresome job for them to copy/paste all of those telegrams.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:30 pm

THANK YOU! Someone finally agrees with me.

Maj. Sygian

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Sygian II wrote:

THANK YOU! Someone finally agrees with me.
Doesn't necessarily mean you're right :P
See You Space Cowboy...

Tornado Condo
Secretary

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Condo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Minoa wrote:Hi,

I would like to see the ability to download all my telegrams and telegram conversations, perhaps as a ZIP file for backups. While one may suggest that I download each telegram page from Firefox, such action does not preserve the formatting.

Finally a suggestion people can get behind! Also yes, I think it would go great to add it to postmaster, instead of just for everyone, or as Cresenthia said NS would lose money

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical