NATION

PASSWORD

Search in dispatches and factbooks

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Search in dispatches and factbooks

Postby Bedetopia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Title says it all.

It's a shame that we can't search dispatches and factbooks. There's a huge amount of RMB posts and we can search that, so I don't think it would be too complex too add a search function to dispatches.

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Though you can't really search for the dispatches by name, you can search for them by category, and then you could find the one you want.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Dytarma wrote:Though you can't really search for the dispatches by name, you can search for them by category, and then you could find the one you want.

I want to search the dispatches' content. For example, I wish to know who wrote about me or my region without using the nation tags.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Bedetopia wrote:Title says it all.

It's a shame that we can't search dispatches and factbooks. There's a huge amount of RMB posts and we can search that, so I don't think it would be too complex too add a search function to dispatches.

Yet, you can't search your RMB posts per topic specificially. I mean, in the sense of going to your User Control Panel, and then selecting 'View all your posts'. That you can do, but you still are unable to filter it by topic (you could insert the thread's title, but even then, it is inaccurate and will only show you where you gave that exact thing you said like in the search bar, but as a comment.
Last edited by Herargon on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Galiantus VII
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Can we please add a search feature to the Dispatch page?

Postby Galiantus VII » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:47 pm

I was going to post a new topic about this, but did a search just to make sure.

Also, I found this other topic where someone brought it up a couple years ago (maybe merge them?).

There is so much user content that has been created via dispatches, but unless a dispatch is new, popular, or pinned in a region, there is no way a casual player will ever be able to access it reasonably. If we could, at the very least, search the titles of dispatches, then the problem of access would be much less of an issue.
The side effects of hearing a view you disagree with can include confusion, nausea, and vomiting. Just try and listen to someone say anything politically incorrect without doing any of those things. Obviously, then, we have to consider the precious feelings of everyone we talk to. Some people don't want to be triggered, guys. It's their right as Americans.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:43 am

Unless you've already blocked this (which you could reverse, of course...), your Notices should tell you when anybody mentions you in a new Dispatch.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:56 am

Bears Armed wrote:Unless you've already blocked this (which you could reverse, of course...), your Notices should tell you when anybody mentions you in a new Dispatch.

Bedetopia wrote:I want to search the dispatches' content. For example, I wish to know who wrote about me or my region without using the nation tags.

Even then, what if you want to search for another user or region's mentions? Or another keyword you might be interested in?

Galiantus VII
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus VII » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Yeah. The interest is in being able to search for specific content, not just places where you are mentioned.
The side effects of hearing a view you disagree with can include confusion, nausea, and vomiting. Just try and listen to someone say anything politically incorrect without doing any of those things. Obviously, then, we have to consider the precious feelings of everyone we talk to. Some people don't want to be triggered, guys. It's their right as Americans.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical