NATION

PASSWORD

Founder

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Unified district of Lancaster
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Founder

Postby Unified district of Lancaster » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:07 am

Can the founder until enough nations join the region be also wa delegate for the region.
I would say until there are 3 nations that the founder be default wa delegate and as soon as there the third joins the position goes to unfilled and triggers election of wa delagate

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:16 am

Unified district of Lancaster wrote:Can the founder until enough nations join the region be also wa delegate for the region.
I would say until there are 3 nations that the founder be default wa delegate and as soon as there the third joins the position goes to unfilled and triggers election of wa delagate

The founder can also serve as a WA delegate if enough endorsements are given to them.

To the rest of your suggestion; I don't believe this would serve any real purpose as the founder has complete control over their region anyways. This would possibly require a massive code change (assuming here) to enable a nation to become delegate without any endorsements.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Unified district of Lancaster wrote:I would say until there are 3 nations that the founder be default wa delegate and as soon as there the third joins the position goes to unfilled and triggers election of wa delagate

No point. Founder has unlimited powers anyways.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Great Estheria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Estheria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:23 am

Unified district of Lancaster wrote:Can the founder until enough nations join the region be also wa delegate for the region.

The founder automatically has executive authority, and therefore has no purpose in being the WA delegate as the WA delegate also may have executive powers.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:18 am

Great Estheria wrote:The founder automatically has executive authority, and therefore has no purpose in being the WA delegate

Unless they actually want the enhanced power within the WA itself, rather than just for 'regional' purposes, of course...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to Technical