NATION

PASSWORD

New Nation-Creating Screen Bug?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zalistine
Civilian

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zalistine » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:38 am

I made this nation to test out the new nation creating process. While I was able to make the nation, I had the buttons for choosing my nation-type overlapping, and the Agree/Disagree Buttons were over the top of the end of each question.
The same also happened for the history section.

I've made enough nations to know the questions, but it would certainly be tough for new players.

Eluedit: fixed url tag. Took two edits <_<
Last edited by Eluvatar on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 am

For me, it just makes my screen reader malfunction. I think it would be better if instead of the buttons, combo boxes were used.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 am

Do you have a screenshot?

What browser and OS are you using? :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:46 pm

This also happened to me when I created a puppet a few hours ago.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Please tell us which browser version & OS or device you're using, and screenshots are helpful.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:12 pm

[violet] wrote:Please tell us which browser version & OS or device you're using, and screenshots are helpful.

Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
[violet] wrote:Please tell us which browser version & OS or device you're using, and screenshots are helpful.

Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10

At the very least I'd recommend upgrading to IE11.

Actually, just tested it on IE11 on Windows 10 and while there's no overlap, the entire questions portion of the page is huge. I don't get that problem in Edge/Chrome/FF/Opera though. A different browser would probably be a better solution.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:05 am

Ah yes, I can reproduce it. Thanks.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Implemented some fixes for IE10 and IE11. They aren't perfect but are close enough.

I noticed IE and Edge are each only 2% of our traffic nowadays! Chrome is 60%, Safari 20%, Firefox 10%.

Brexas
Civilian

Founded: Jul 04, 2016
Anarchy

questions over written by answers in new nation creation

Postby Brexas » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 am

Hey,
I wanted to create a new nation and encountered a problem. The questions were obscured by the multiple choice answers in the questionaire. Os version 8.3 on an ipad.

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 am

[violet] wrote:Implemented some fixes for IE10 and IE11. They aren't perfect but are close enough.

I noticed IE and Edge are each only 2% of our traffic nowadays! Chrome is 60%, Safari 20%, Firefox 10%.

Hooray for Chrome! It's a beautiful thing.

Although...what's the other 6%?
Last edited by The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE NOT SAPIENT SPAGHETTI

Do not mistake me for a contributor to your political threads. I have come solely to mock.
Tsaraine wrote:Nazis aren't known for their smarts. You don't adhere to an ideology that got flattened under a T-34 in 1945 if you're full of sparks and opportunities in life.
Caelestiam wrote:...wait,
Are we seriously in a dick measuring contest over who has the right to declare law by virtue of the most innocent dead?
Sounds horrible and insensitive.
Proceed.
Ethel mermania wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:One does not simply own one's own body. Not when the GOP can shove its trunk up inside you.

It will be yuge, and you will like it.

The Land of the KC
Secretary

Founded: Aug 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the KC » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:23 am

This happens to me too on Android 4.2.2 with UC Browser.

Send me telegrams. I don't mind.

Lindenburgh
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenburgh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:27 am

It happened to me once but I was using a really old Iphone.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:45 am

Happening to me as well. iPhone 5S, iOS 8.3.

http://www.imgur.com/a/jK2EA
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Parhe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:51 pm

[violet] wrote:Implemented some fixes for IE10 and IE11. They aren't perfect but are close enough.

Is Opera counted with Chrome or separately? Just of out of curiosity.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 am

Parhe wrote:

Is Opera counted with Chrome or separately? Just of out of curiosity.

if it's based off Chromium I'd assume it would be, like all other chromium based browsers.

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Hooray for Chrome! It's a beautiful thing.

Although...what's the other 6%?

mobile default browsers and other minor ones.
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

The Land of the KC
Secretary

Founded: Aug 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the KC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:49 am

Great Kauthar wrote:
Parhe wrote:
mobile default browsers and other minor ones.

Funny thing, on another forum I am, I used to have in my signature(I should make one for this forum too) one of those danasoft banners, when I used my android browser to browse the forum, it would say: "You're using Safari on Linux". I wonder how many if those Safari users are people browsing the site using their android browsers.....

Send me telegrams. I don't mind.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical