NATION

PASSWORD

Inverse scale for "Inclusiveness"

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Detraque
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Inverse scale for "Inclusiveness"

Postby Detraque » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:41 am

Hello NationStates, looking through my rankings, I see that there is not an inverse scale for "inclusiveness," and I think it's a good idea.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Well, at first glance being one of the least inclusive nations in the world may not seem like something worth boasting, but (A) it could actually be a valid platform for conservatives, and (B) we already have more-universally-regarded-undesirable rankings like Crime, Death Rate, and Corruption.

Name suggestions:

Exclusiveness / Most Exclusive
Purity / Purest
Discrimination / Most Discriminating
Intolerance / Least Tolerant

"Purity" suggested because that's the buzzword that people who encourage discrimination tend to use - racial purity, ideological purity, sexual purity. The other suggestions should be obvious.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Well, at first glance being one of the least inclusive nations in the world may not seem like something worth boasting, but (A) it could actually be a valid platform for conservatives, and (B) we already have more-universally-regarded-undesirable rankings like Crime, Death Rate, and Corruption.

Name suggestions:

Exclusiveness / Most Exclusive
Purity / Purest
Discrimination / Most Discriminating
Intolerance / Least Tolerant

"Purity" suggested because that's the buzzword that people who encourage discrimination tend to use - racial purity, ideological purity, sexual purity. The other suggestions should be obvious.

IMO, "Exclusive" sounds more neutral than any of the others.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:34 am

I was thinking more along the lines of (social) cohesion, national unity, traditionalism, "family values".

OTOH, not every stat has to have an opposite.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:national unity
I like that one.

The others don't really work, because for example tradionalism is about behavioral exclusiveness, and so would be guardedly tolerant of minority races so long as they assimilate culturally.

Return to Technical