NATION

PASSWORD

Three of my Ideas for Improvement

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Tribaria
Secretary

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Three of my Ideas for Improvement

Postby Tribaria » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:48 pm

I have two suggestions I'd like to propose. I'm not sure how possible they would be to implement, so feedback is appreciated.
  1. A passport system for regions. This would serve in conjunction to a password, and would allow nations to enter without knowing the password. An officer with Border Control could mark a nation as "Admitted," and in doing so allow that nation to enter the region as they wish. The nation can leave and return even if the password was changed. The passport could also keep track of entrances and exits from regions, allowing nations to more easily track their nation's history.
  2. Show forum replies in notifications. This is the one I'm uncertain about, given the interactions between the forum and the main game. However, it would be helpful to tell when someone replied to one of my forum posts. This would save time by eliminating the need to go through the forums you visited by hand.
  3. Make WA Resolutions searchable. Right now, only proposals are searchable. If I want to write a resolution and I'm unsure if something like it already exists, I have to manually search through the 376 resolutions. Making the text searchable would be an extreme time saver.
Again, feedback is appreciated.
TRIBARIA
Liberty, Equality, Rationality
From the desk of Ambassador Demarcus Agnew
Pantheistic guy in California. Liberal, pro-choice. Pro-LGTBTQ+ equality.
Concerned about the environment.
Proud Boy Scout.
I make custom flags. TG me if you want one.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Tribaria wrote:I have two suggestions I'd like to propose. I'm not sure how possible they would be to implement, so feedback is appreciated.
  1. A passport system for regions. This would serve in conjunction to a password, and would allow nations to enter without knowing the password. An officer with Border Control could mark a nation as "Admitted," and in doing so allow that nation to enter the region as they wish. The nation can leave and return even if the password was changed. The passport could also keep track of entrances and exits from regions, allowing nations to more easily track their nation's history.
  2. Show forum replies in notifications. This is the one I'm uncertain about, given the interactions between the forum and the main game. However, it would be helpful to tell when someone replied to one of my forum posts. This would save time by eliminating the need to go through the forums you visited by hand.
  3. Make WA Resolutions searchable. Right now, only proposals are searchable. If I want to write a resolution and I'm unsure if something like it already exists, I have to manually search through the 376 resolutions. Making the text searchable would be an extreme time saver.

1. Not sure how feasible this would be, and I'm sure there's a million things that would have to be considered, and that neither you nor I have thought about.
2. The forums don't interface well with the main game. But this certainly would be nice.
3. Already done.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Europe and Oceania
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Europe and Oceania » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Tribaria wrote:I have two suggestions I'd like to propose. I'm not sure how possible they would be to implement, so feedback is appreciated.

I definitely agree with number 2.
"For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either" --Blaise Pascal

"The Republican Party is not even a party anymore, it's just a group of Christian Fundamentalists and representatives for Corporate America."
--Kyle Kulinski, Host of Secular Talk

WA Delegate and Founder of New Utopian World

Tribaria
Secretary

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribaria » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Phydios wrote:3. Already done.

Didn't know that existed, thanks for that.
Last edited by Tribaria on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRIBARIA
Liberty, Equality, Rationality
From the desk of Ambassador Demarcus Agnew
Pantheistic guy in California. Liberal, pro-choice. Pro-LGTBTQ+ equality.
Concerned about the environment.
Proud Boy Scout.
I make custom flags. TG me if you want one.

Return to Technical