NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Readd the "Dismiss All Issues" button

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bookholm City
Secretary

Founded: Aug 29, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bookholm City » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:28 pm

I want the button back. I have many nations for which I do only specific issues from time to time and dismiss the rest. If someone doesn't want to use that button they just don't need to click it, simple as that. It's not like you're forced to click it....
So please add it for the people who want to use it, and the people who think it's not right to use it can just avoid clicking it... maybe add a 2nd page where one's asked if they want to REALLY dismiss them all, to avoid accidents.

Fin Dovah Junaar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fin Dovah Junaar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Trotterdam wrote:A lot of people have been asking for that button. I really don't understand it. If you pay so little attention to your issues that you can't even be bothered dismissing them individually, then you should just set vacation mode.

Back when there was a "Dismiss All Issues" button I just worried about hitting it by accident, though fortunately I never did.

Sometimes I want it because I get a bunch of useless issues.

If we don't get it back, then at least a ban issue list for issues you want to ignore would be good.
Please Refer to my Nation as Anor Ostrum
Factbook: IntroductionKingdomsMapThe Three PillarsPontiff Godwyne the WiseTriviaOOC Notes
The Eternal Kingdom of the Flame
"And so, it is that ash seekth embers, and renew the old accord, for all that has been, shall be once more."

Techs: Medieval (Slightly Mixed) - Dark Fantasy Nation - Ashes

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
Lockdownn wrote:As she said though, the button would not work for the new system.

I think that's just that the old code would not work, not that it's impossible.

Right. Clearly a few people want it, so I'll look at building something new when time permits, but right now it's a lower priority than some other post-feature release issues.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 pm

[violet] wrote:
Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
I think that's just that the old code would not work, not that it's impossible.

Right. Clearly a few people want it, so I'll look at building something new when time permits, but right now it's a lower priority than some other post-feature release issues.

Thank you, and sounds fair enough.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Any progress on the dismiss all button? I've been missing it.
Information
Wishlist

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Since the removal of "Dismiss All," the dismissal rate for all issues has dropped radically, so it warrants a bit more thought.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:43 pm

[violet] wrote:Since the removal of "Dismiss All," the dismissal rate for all issues has dropped radically, so it warrants a bit more thought.

Fair enough, it's something I can work around with a few tweaks to my auologin when I have time (or figure out how to make an extension from my browser, time to learn JavaScript), and obviously a new feature or a critical bug fix is more important. Do you keep stats on issues dismissed individually vs all? I remember seeing a few days back that you couldn't see something that happened too long ago. The reason why people dismiss all is probably a good portion due to scripts and R/D puppets autodismissing issues which they left on for telling if their nation updated (also autodismissing scripts messed up when you switched dismiss into a new form on the page). The other majority would be those who login, and are too tired to do all their issues, so want to get rid of the notification. Once it becomes going into each issue to dismiss it becomes a chore for them. Dismissing an issue due to not liking the options is likely the majority of dismissals now, rather than scripts and not having time.
Information
Wishlist

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:37 pm

Flanderlion wrote:Do you keep stats on issues dismissed individually vs all?

Yes, Issue Editors can see how often each issue is dismissed, as well as how often different options are chosen. This data is used to score issues internally, with the ideal issue being one that is never dismissed and each option is chosen equally often.

Flanderlion wrote:Dismissing an issue due to not liking the options is likely the majority of dismissals now, rather than scripts and not having time.

That's certainly an improvement from my point of view, as it provides better feedback.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:50 pm

[violet] wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:Do you keep stats on issues dismissed individually vs all?

Yes, Issue Editors can see how often each issue is dismissed, as well as how often different options are chosen. This data is used to score issues internally, with the ideal issue being one that is never dismissed and each option is chosen equally often.

Flanderlion wrote:Dismissing an issue due to not liking the options is likely the majority of dismissals now, rather than scripts and not having time.

That's certainly an improvement from my point of view, as it provides better feedback.

Fair enough. Currently I only need the Dismiss button for when I am overwhelmed irl, and I can just ignore my perfectionist streaks and leave the annoying red 5 alone until I've got time.

Unrelated to the dismiss button, are there any issues with near zero dismissals, and evenish distribution of choices picked?
Information
Wishlist

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Flanderlion wrote:
[violet] wrote:Yes, Issue Editors can see how often each issue is dismissed, as well as how often different options are chosen. This data is used to score issues internally, with the ideal issue being one that is never dismissed and each option is chosen equally often.

Fair enough. Currently I only need the Dismiss button for when I am overwhelmed irl, and I can just ignore my perfectionist streaks and leave the annoying red 5 alone until I've got time.

Unrelated to the dismiss button, are there any issues with near zero dismissals, and evenish distribution of choices picked?

I'd say the vast majority have dismissals 10% or lower. There's probably around 70ish that are 4% or lower.

Evenly distributed among all options is something you see if you look at that specific issue, so I couldn't really say off the top of my head. There are well balanced issues where the least popular option and the most only have a few percentage points difference.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Bring back the "Dismiss All"-button

Postby Barapam » Mon May 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Before the update, which was very good in every other aspect, with instant results and so on, you could easily dismiss all issues with one click. Now it's gone. It would be nice to have it back I think, especially for the times when you have five issues that you already by the name know that you've had before.

It was a very comfortable option back then, and now that I'm used to it, it feels a teeny tiny bit bothersome to actually have to dismiss each issue individually.

Sorry if this already has been answered somewhere else.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical