NATION

PASSWORD

Significant Parts of Dispatch is Lost/Deleted

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
China and South Korea
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Significant Parts of Dispatch is Lost/Deleted

Postby China and South Korea » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:59 am

I faced this once before, but I managed to resolve it. This time around, however, I have no idea.

It happened again in this dispatch. Significant amounts of information I have accumulated over time were gone in a flash. Is this a system error, Internet error, or something else entirely? And can anybody please restore it for me?

I would really, really appreciate techie help, because I stored some important information in there that I'd rather not be lost - lest I have to find and stack them all over again.
was a good run lmao

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm

The system does not keep track of ongoing or prior edits. This is why you should compose offline in a word processor or text editor, as those apps typically have restoration capability. We don't.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:01 pm

China and South Korea wrote:Is this a system error, Internet error, or something else entirely?

What actually happened? You only say some information has vanished. Did you just go look at your dispatch and find it was different, or did you do something to trigger that (e.g. edit the dispatch)? If so, when? And when it happened before, how did you resolve it?

China and South Korea
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby China and South Korea » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:36 am

[violet] wrote:
China and South Korea wrote:Is this a system error, Internet error, or something else entirely?

What actually happened? You only say some information has vanished. Did you just go look at your dispatch and find it was different, or did you do something to trigger that (e.g. edit the dispatch)? If so, when? And when it happened before, how did you resolve it?

I don't know the cause, to be frank. I believe it may have been due to my editing, but I recall having checked after I pressed the finish button - everything was normal.

Last time I lost information, I managed to find almost everything back from the cached version of the link. This time, it takes me too far back to be of use.
was a good run lmao

Return to Technical