NATION

PASSWORD

Suggestion: Repeal of Legislature

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ethica
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Suggestion: Repeal of Legislature

Postby Ethica » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:13 pm

It is of my opinion that there should be a process for repealing legislature in each nation.

Many Issues are quite vague or confusing, and one false move can destroy an aspect of a nation to a point where it is no longer repairable. My nation stands as a testament to that.

At some point, (I don't quite remember when) my nation encountered an issue with a very solid solution of removal of corporations, which I am for.

However, this Issue had a very disproportionate effect on My Nation, and subsequently destroyed a decently strong and healthy Economy in one fell swoop.

Now, inkeeping with the spirit of realism (which I believe this entire game is based on) I believe that some (or any) of these decisions should be repealable.

This idea is not unprecedented. Many if not most real-world governments have a process for Repeal, and even the World Assembly has such a process (though it is quite simple and somewhat crude in my opinion)

I believe that it would be not only useful to players, but also beneficiary to gameplay and realism in nationstates, and most important in my mind: it would give me the power to restore the great nation of Ethica to its former glory.

Now, as far as the technical issue, I'm sure that there is some record of which resolutions of which issues have been passed by each nation, and the process would simply be to reverse the effects of passed legislature in question.

It is my understanding that the mechanics of the issue system are based on an integer to be added to the current status. The integer being positive meaning a positive change and the integer being negative meaning a negative change.

Ergo, this solution would be very simple, just trace back the issue and reverse the integer. (i.e. -200 to +200)

I leave this request in the more than capable hands of the dev team to figure out, and if you need help, I am quite technically savvy, and I would be glad to assist.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Ethica wrote: I'm sure that there is some record of which resolutions of which issues have been passed by each nation, and the process would simply be to reverse the effects of passed legislature in question.

Nope.
Ethica wrote:It is my understanding that the mechanics of the issue system are based on an integer to be added to the current status.

Nope.

Ethica wrote:Many Issues are quite vague or confusing

That's deliberate. It's designed to teach you that unintended consequences can be a bitch. Allowing you to back of your decisions removes the very concept of consequences. So no, we're not likely to incorporate this suggestion.

Ethica
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethica » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:41 pm

That's your decision and the decision of the devs to make and I don't pretend to have any power over you. I just thought it would be nice, even if it were a limited thing that you would need to ask a moderator about and make a strong case for it.

Either way, it's just a suggestion.

Ethica
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethica » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Would it be possible to send me an issue that may help me recover my Economy?

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Ethica wrote:Would it be possible to send me an issue that may help me recover my Economy?

Issues are randomly selected from a pool that are valid for your nation. Mods don't control which ones you get. Sorry.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:54 am

Ethica wrote:Now, inkeeping with the spirit of realism (which I believe this entire game is based on)

Also the game is based on satire and exaggerations of real-life issues.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Return to Technical