NATION

PASSWORD

Regional Officers

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Discutor wrote:Looking at the R/D discussion in this thread, it seems to be heavily biased towards natives and defenders with raiders' comments/objections mostly ignored.

Welcome to NationStates Gameplay! Every Gameplay change is implemented this way, from the influence system and founders to ROs. Raiders always adapt and then people ask for more "fixes".

Personally, the only thing I oppose is the ejection rate limit, for the same reasons others have already listed. All other proposed scenarios seem tolerable and definitely somewhat easy to adapt to.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 am

Office names are not permitted where they may be confused with "Founder" or "WA Delegate" is pretty silly. You can have a Vice-Delegate, but not a Delegate-elect? :P
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am

Guy wrote:Office names are not permitted where they may be confused with "Founder" or "WA Delegate" is pretty silly. You can have a Vice-Delegate, but not a Delegate-elect? :P

Seems unnecessary.

Has anyone thought that 12 might be too many ROs? Maybe there should be a lower limit (perhaps 8) instead.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:55 am

Cresenthia wrote:
Guy wrote:Office names are not permitted where they may be confused with "Founder" or "WA Delegate" is pretty silly. You can have a Vice-Delegate, but not a Delegate-elect? :P

Seems unnecessary.

Has anyone thought that 12 might be too many ROs? Maybe there should be a lower limit (perhaps 8) instead.

Depends on how big your region is. We currently have 9 in Europeia (with our 1400 nation population), but we may add more as we explore the different options and the best way to use them for our regional purposes.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Cresenthia wrote:Seems unnecessary.

Depends on how big your region is. We currently have 9 in Europeia (with our 1400 nation population), but we may add more as we explore the different options and the best way to use them for our regional purposes.

I remember there was a discussion about how they could be tied to regional population. That would prevent raiders from flooding a relatively small region with ROs. Perhaps 3 or 4 ROs base, plus one for every x nations in the region.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:52 pm

My region uses 9. It would only use 7 if there was an option to change or add another Founder/Delegate title though.

12 seems like a bit much, but it leaves some breathing room, especially for granting certain nations more than one title. Also one would assume that future additions to regional controls would make these extra spots more valuable in spreading out powers, especially in larger regions.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:01 pm

The maximum number that anyone could need is probably larger than what's used by the first four people who happen to post in this thread. If two people have already indicated using 9 (and even if that's lowered to 7 with the addition of founder/delegate retitling, that's still more than half of 12), then allowing at least up to 12 seems pretty warranted.

If the concern is just Border Control officers, then those could be given a stricter limit than general officers. Communications and Polls seem like the authorities most worth giving out to a large number of people (in a suitably-inclined region).

Levivania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Levivania » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 pm

when will the world assembly ban bug be fixed?
2nd place: Silver Racket Tennis Tournament I, Banco del Prado - Tueres Tenis de Sangti
Semi Finals: Nation States Golf Championship 2013, Silver Racke Tennis Tournament II
quarterfinals: International Baseball Slam, International Baseball slam III, Twenty 20 World Championships 4, Market Cup VII
Hosted: Silver Racket I and II,
Other: 5-5 in NSCF 9 Made it the howling city Bowl

Independent leaning Libertarian

United German Regions
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:36 am

Levivania wrote:when will the world assembly ban bug be fixed?

I believe that is off-topic and therefore does not belong in this topic/thread.
Founder of The Insane Region/Founder of The Embassy/Raider for few/Defender for all/International Contender/Conqueror of The Black Riders
I stand against CAIN
Pro: USA, Democracy, Military, Freedom, Fox News, Second Amendment, #AllLivesMatter, Racial Equality, Gender Equality, #BlueLivesMatter
Anti: Fascism, WA Security Council, Religious Extremism, The Nightly Show, #BlackLivesMatter, Segregation, Hillary Clinton, Heavy Feminism

United German Regions is supplying medical aid to numerous nations recovering from war | UGR investigators discovered the presence of slavery in Cresenthia to manufacture teddy bears | The leader of UGR has just eaten a samich

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:55 am

United German Regions wrote:

I believe that is off-topic and therefore does not belong in this topic/thread.

You believe it wrong.

There's a bug with border control officers and being banned from the WA. Those officers cannot ban/eject people from the region.

It's a known bug.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:22 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
United German Regions wrote:I believe that is off-topic and therefore does not belong in this topic/thread.

You believe it wrong.

There's a bug with border control officers and being banned from the WA. Those officers cannot ban/eject people from the region.

It's a known bug.

In all fairness - when this was announced I believe it was said to use the RO's bug thread rather than to clog up this one - so he's semi-right.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=356822&hilit=ro+regional

On topic - it was discussed earlier but sort of got distracted by other ideas, appointing RO's with the delegates World Assembly powers - as in they can cast the regions votes and approve proposals, either instead of the delegate having the ability, or allowing them simultaneously (so the delegate and the WA RO can both edit the regions vote and approvals - and this option would allow multiple WA RO's if desired).
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Now!

Since nations can no longer simultaneously be Delegates and banned from the WA, I've been able to fix this.

United German Regions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:41 am

[violet] wrote:

Now!

Since nations can no longer simultaneously be Delegates and banned from the WA, I've been able to fix this.

Well, as soon as I learn of this problem, it is solved...fast action from moderators, good job!
Founder of The Insane Region/Founder of The Embassy/Raider for few/Defender for all/International Contender/Conqueror of The Black Riders
I stand against CAIN
Pro: USA, Democracy, Military, Freedom, Fox News, Second Amendment, #AllLivesMatter, Racial Equality, Gender Equality, #BlueLivesMatter
Anti: Fascism, WA Security Council, Religious Extremism, The Nightly Show, #BlackLivesMatter, Segregation, Hillary Clinton, Heavy Feminism

United German Regions is supplying medical aid to numerous nations recovering from war | UGR investigators discovered the presence of slavery in Cresenthia to manufacture teddy bears | The leader of UGR has just eaten a samich

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:54 am

[violet] wrote:Now!

Well, as soon as I learn of this problem, it is solved...fast action from moderators, good job!

Thank you, we do our best :p

[/shamelessly stealing credit from the admins 8) ]

Jerma985
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerma985 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:01 am

What specific powers does each kind of authority have?
Puppet state of Leppikania.

United German Regions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Jerma985 wrote:What specific powers does each kind of authority have?

Border Control-Ban/Eject Nations and Password regions
Communications-Create Welcome Telegram, Change who can send Recruitment Telegrams, Suppress/Un-suppress posts, Send region wide telegrams
Embassies-Build and Close Embassies, change who in embassy regions can post
Appearance-Can change flag, world factbook entry, tags
Polls-Add and Delete Polls
World Assembly-Approve proposals and shows what the delegate voted to the whole region
Executive-Change regional officers and their powers

*Did I get them all, I feel like I missed a power for one of them?*
Last edited by United German Regions on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I stand against CAIN

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Jerma985 wrote:What specific powers does each kind of authority have?

Border Control-Ban/Eject Nations and Password regions
Communications-Create Welcome Telegram, Change who can send Recruitment Telegrams, Suppress/Un-suppress posts, Send region wide telegrams
Embassies-Build and Close Embassies, change who in embassy regions can post
Appearance-Can change flag, world factbook entry, tags
Polls-Add and Delete Polls
World Assembly-Approve proposals and shows what the delegate voted to the whole region
Executive-Change regional officers and their powers

*Did I get them all, I feel like I missed a power for one of them?*

Appearance includes getting to pin/unpin dispatches.

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Likely bug/bad wording:

When I'm outside of the region as an RO, this messgae is on the region control page:

KAISERREICH has an executive Founder, absent, a non-executive Delegate, and 6 Officers.

Can this be changed to something more logical?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Cresenthia wrote:Likely bug/bad wording:

When I'm outside of the region as an RO, this messgae is on the region control page:

KAISERREICH has an executive Founder, absent, a non-executive Delegate, and 6 Officers.

Can this be changed to something more logical?

What would you suggest?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:56 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:What would you suggest?
"KAISERREICH has an executive Founder, an absent non-executive Delegate, and 6 Officers."

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:19 am

Trotterdam wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:What would you suggest?
"KAISERREICH has an executive Founder, an absent non-executive Delegate, and 6 Officers."

And maybe something mentioning that "[Insert Officer position] is currently outside of the region" (since I also hold an officership).

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:58 pm

[violet] wrote:Just to summarize, this seems to be where we're at so far. Subject to further discussion, I imagine implementing these two sometime next month.

Any update on this?
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:09 pm

A bug:
When I'm outside a region as an RO (The Black Riders Central Command, and try to banject the founder who is in the region, I am told that the nation is not in the region, and that it will cost 0% of my influence to ban from. When I try to banject myself, who is not in the region I am told that it will cost 100% influence to banject, and 70% to eject. I am presuming that the game is getting this info from Kaiserreich's control page, rather than the other region's.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Cresenthia wrote:

Should be fixed now. The "absent" label for the Delegate was getting appended to the Founder instead. Thanks for the report!

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Guy wrote:
[violet] wrote:Just to summarize, this seems to be where we're at so far. Subject to further discussion, I imagine implementing these two sometime next month.

Any update on this?

Still in observation mode, since the worst-case scenarios haven't materialized (so far, at least).

No change to the plan to implement those two proposals, but I'm interested in learning as much as we can from the current situation, and would like any new feedback people have about how their thoughts might have changed after seeing ROs operate in practice for a real length of time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical