NATION

PASSWORD

Telegram Letters of Region

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Telegram Letters of Region

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:36 am

Is there a way, excluding manual, to telegram certain letters of your region only (such as all nations that start with the letter F, G, H, I and J) rather than manually telegramming over one thousand different nations, or mass telegramming the entire region with telegrams that only affect small portions of it?
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:38 am

You could look into the viewtopic.php?f=15&t=350586 Telegram API for your purposes.
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked that earlier, (which is quite a useful guide btw, thanks for making it) and after quickly searching through the help pages of each of the telegram program pages I realised that although they provided options for sending to WA members, all region members, individuals, non-WA's (by subtracting WA members), to delegates etc. they did not provide an viable way to send multiple telegrams to a division of a region (excluding WA's and non-WA's), or more specifically to send messages to nations that begin with a certain letter in a region, or in fact to any nation beginning with a specific letter.
Information
Wishlist

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:06 am

I've not yet seen any option for letters, but you may wish to check the new client I just added for wa/non-wa support :)
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 am

You would almost certainly have to write your own sorting / alphabetizing script to make this work. The game doesn't offer anything like this, and I've seen no third party tools designed for this purpose.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 pm

If you're good with excel, one could easily retrieve a list of all nations in the region from the API, separate them into a table, and filter the table for names starting with a certain letter. Takes 10-15 minutes, no scripting knowledge necessary.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks for the replies. I kind of expected to have to do it semi-manually, but checked on the off chance. I think we'll do a mixture of mass regional telegrams, and individual telegrams (using Neph's method).
Thanks again,
Flander
Information
Wishlist

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:23 pm

if you get the names that way, you can still send them via API if you wish - assuming you use a client that allows you to enter a list of names.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical