NATION

PASSWORD

Idea: Military Tech Stats?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Idea: Military Tech Stats?

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

So essentially, in modern/post modern RP deciding how advanced your military really is can be quite of an annoyance. Like are you supposed to use defense spending to decide military tech? Scientific advancement? There is no clear solution. Thus want to make a way to know your stats. It could be like this...

• Army Tech
  • Navy Tech
  • Aerial Tech
  • Spacial/Space Tech
  • WMD Tech

It could be sort of like this...

“Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”

― Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The United Central Prussian Powers
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Central Prussian Powers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:37 pm

This is literally one of the most needed things on NS.

GreatestBanks
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby GreatestBanks » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 pm

I'd say that instead of progression from 1945 to modern times it should be in digits.

For instance 1=meh tech, 2=slightly better tech, 3=below average, 4=average, 5=average, etc...
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Political Spectrum
Right: 0.63
Authoritarian: 2.62
Foreign Policy: 6.57(Neo-Conservative)
Culture: 7.17 (Conservative)

♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Notice: I use NS Stats for everything other than population and GDP.

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:40 pm

GreatestBanks wrote:I'd say that instead of progression from 1945 to modern times it should be in digits.

For instance 1=meh tech, 2=slightly better tech, 3=below average, 4=average, 5=average, etc...

Wouldn't that be too vague to actually work? Like the fact that we don't actually know our military tech?
“Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”

Quadami-Alderney
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Quadami-Alderney » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Something interesting...
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.59
"Let me speak from the bottom of my heart" - Vitaly Mutko
"It is possible to begome, became, become" - Laimdota Straujuma

Jewish and proud of it!This user is of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry but is an Agnostic. Confusing, huh?
V<-|->V If you are centrist, put this in your signature.

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Or maybe you could RP what your military tech is and play NS the way its meant to be played. Just a suggestion....
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:57 pm

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:Or maybe you could RP what your military tech is and play NS the way its meant to be played. Just a suggestion....

Then what would be the point of issues then?

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

Nova Auraluxia wrote:
Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:Or maybe you could RP what your military tech is and play NS the way its meant to be played. Just a suggestion....

There are plenty of nations that rp without NS stats.

The Agnostic Collective
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Agnostic Collective » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

I have to agree with RIG. This is an RP issue and should be treated as such. If you're looking for some concrete statistics to RP your nations Military Tech with, I suggest using the numbers provided in the Analysis page, specifically, Scientific Advancement. You could factor in your nations Intelligence rating as well.

Nova Auraluxia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Auraluxia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm

Lockdownn wrote:
Nova Auraluxia wrote:Then what would be the point of issues then?

There are plenty of nations that rp without NS stats.

Then that would mean a nation with the larger population (unless the user had horrible tactics) would win every time.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:36 pm

What is the use of this?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:36 pm

The vast majority of nations in this game do not roleplay. As this feature is really only oriented towards roleplay, and even in this thread there is some argument about what factors should be considered or how they should be weighted ... it's something that really belongs in a factbook.

Gran Tomania
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gran Tomania » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:15 pm

I also suggest to creatively combine the Scientific Advancement and Defence Force Indexes. If you really need something more specific for RP, remember that actual armies can improve they "Defense Tech" simply buying better weapons with manuals.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:25 am

Nova Auraluxia wrote:

Whatever you want them to be. Inspiration, humorous mini-game, whatever.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical