NATION

PASSWORD

Question: Capital city issue

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Tropicos
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Question: Capital city issue

Postby Tropicos » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:28 am

About a day ago, I got to this issue and I picked the "fire politicians until there is room" option. I still can't name the city, it says "awaiting legislation".
My question is: did I puck the option that won't let me name the capital city, or if not, why didn't I get to name it?
Roleplaying as: The People's Republic of Tropico.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:30 am

Tropicos wrote:About a day ago, I got to this issue and I picked the "fire politicians until there is room" option. I still can't name the city, it says "awaiting legislation".
My question is: did I puck the option that won't let me name the capital city, or if not, why didn't I get to name it?

You have selected the wrong option so you will have to wait until the issue comes around again before you can name it. I did this with some of my puppet accounts.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Ingensterra
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ingensterra » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:01 pm

I selected the first option. Still, I am not able to name my capital city. It has been this way for as long as I can remember and I have been playing for years. I have no idea what I am doing wrong either. You are not alone.
The United States of Ingensterra
President: Isaiah Rubrum

EMBASSY PROGRAM

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Ingensterra wrote:I selected the first option. Still, I am not able to name my capital city. It has been this way for as long as I can remember and I have been playing for years. I have no idea what I am doing wrong either. You are not alone.

Your nation just hit 250 million people this update. The capital city issue should be your next issue.

Ingensterra
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingensterra » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Ingensterra wrote:I selected the first option. Still, I am not able to name my capital city. It has been this way for as long as I can remember and I have been playing for years. I have no idea what I am doing wrong either. You are not alone.

Your nation just hit 250 million people this update. The capital city issue should be your next issue.

I got it early this morning, but perhaps it'll update sometime later on my settings page or perhaps take until the next time I get the issue.

P.s. Your flag (pusheen) may be the greatest flag known to mankind.
Last edited by Ingensterra on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMBASSY PROGRAM

Tropicos
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicos » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks people. I hope I'll get it again soon.
Roleplaying as: The People's Republic of Tropico.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Ingensterra wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Your nation just hit 250 million people this update. The capital city issue should be your next issue.

I got it early this morning, but perhaps it'll update sometime later on my settings page or perhaps take until the next time I get the issue.

It looks like it has been at least 5 days since you have answered an issue. You are not answering them and then dismissing them are you?

Mieraskya
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mieraskya » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:29 pm

I've had this issue accuople of times and my capital still has never changed

Montecroce
Attaché

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Montecroce » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Simply getting the issue and answering it however you want does not get you the option. You need to pick the correct choice as well.

Ingensterra
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingensterra » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 pm

Leutria wrote:
Ingensterra wrote:

It looks like it has been at least 5 days since you have answered an issue. You are not answering them and then dismissing them are you?

That is what I'm doing. Is that the problem?

Edit: This has by far been the most useful piece of advice I have ever received. I've been doing that incorrectly for 2 years now.
Last edited by Ingensterra on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMBASSY PROGRAM

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Ingensterra wrote:
Leutria wrote:It looks like it has been at least 5 days since you have answered an issue. You are not answering them and then dismissing them are you?

Edit: This has by far been the most useful piece of advice I have ever received. I've been doing that incorrectly for 2 years now.

Happy to have helped, sorry about all the wasted time!

Ingensterra
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingensterra » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Leutria wrote:
Ingensterra wrote:

Happy to have helped, sorry about all the wasted time!

It's quite alright!

EMBASSY PROGRAM

Stone age
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stone age » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:01 am

Mieraskya wrote:I've had this issue accuople of times and my capital still has never changed

That's because you have to manually change the capital's name in your settings.

Usually I go with option one, but I've also tried the theme park option and the underground option. Is it only those three that make it possible to name the capital?

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:28 am

Stone age wrote:
Mieraskya wrote:I've had this issue accuople of times and my capital still has never changed

That's because you have to manually change the capital's name in your settings.

Usually I go with option one, but I've also tried the theme park option and the underground option. Is it only those three that make it possible to name the capital?

For the record, when you've unlocked the capital city in your settings (or national leader or religion) you receive a telegram letting you know that you now have the ability to change [whichever] field.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Esnil
Civilian

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Esnil » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:32 am

Ive gotten it and answered the first one and the underground one and it still isnt letting me choose a name what is wrong.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical