NATION

PASSWORD

I'm new...and I got a BUNCH of questions.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

I'm new...and I got a BUNCH of questions.

Postby Norcourt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:48 pm

So, hello everybody. I'm not sure if this is the right forum page to post this but, to hell with it, I'm new. I'm not that familiar with using forums, so I'll try my best. However as you can see by the title, I got a few questions (5 actually) and thank you guys for helping a newbie like me :D.
Well I'll start off here.

1. How do I use a custom flag?

2. Can we use a custom flag?

3. Is there am certain size for a custom flag?

4. Do I have to join a region (like Ainur)

And lastly....

Why is this game so fun?
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:56 pm

To answer all of them:

1. How do I use a custom flag? Make one on your computer, with paint photoshop or any other program that allows you to save your files as .jpg and .png

2. Can we use a custom flag? Yes, to actually use it go to your settings and click "Or create your own flag!" Then click on "Choose file" and pick the saved version of the flag you just made

3. Is there am certain size for a custom flag? If you mean "Do I have to make it a certain size?" No. But of course there is a maximum size

4. Do I have to join a region (like Ainur) Yes. Why don't you join my region? Sunalaya

And lastly....

Why is this game so fun? This game for me is so fun because I can meet new people from all over the world, and especially if you have an active region you can chat with each other. And, the element of roleplaying, in which you can fight wars or forge alliances is also very fun.
Last edited by Lindenholt on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Actually, you don't have to join a region because NS will automatically pick one for you out of a handful of regions called GCRs. If you're new, you start in a feeder (The Pacific or The [direction] Pacific). If you let your nation CTE (don't log in for 4 weeks) and return, you end up in a sinker (Lazarus, Osiris or Balder). Finally, if your region gets a rogue delegate, you could end up in The Rejected Realms, which is where all nations go when they are kicked out of a region (and is the only region that you can't be kicked out of). Or, if you want to, you could join any region of your choice that isn't password protected or create your own (though you'll have a hard time building a region of your own when larger regions are also recruiting every new nation as it is founded).

In terms of what makes NS so fun, you'll find that there are many different answers. There are the gameplayers who build regions, the raiders who destroy them, the defenders who try to stop the raiders, the NSG crowd who debate politics constantly, the roleplayers and the WA crowd. I suggest trying everything out until you figure out what you like best and then focus primarily on that. Personally, I've tried most areas of NS and found that I like NS Sports best, so that's my primary focus, but the other areas of NS are all legitimate options as well (yes, even raiding).
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Thanks!

Postby Norcourt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Thanks guys! I got my new flag up now!
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Return to Technical