NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Multilingual Tag

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Astrakha
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrakha » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:13 am

Would it be possible to have a multilingual tag added?

Although English is the primary language over countless members within our region.

• Spanish is the primary language of one nation
  • Russian is the primary language of one nation
  • French is the primary language of one nation
  • Arabic is the primary language of one nation
  • One nation is fluent in Portuguese
  • One nation is fluent in Italian
  • One nation is fluent in Romanian
  • One nation is fluent in Haitian Creole
  • One nation is fluent in Greek

However,
  • French is somewhat known by seven nations.
  • Spanish is somewhat known by six nations.
  • German is somewhat known by five nations.
  • Japanese is somewhat known by five nations.
  • Esperanto is being learned by one nation.

Along with several other languages

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:56 am

The tags are there for search purposes, how would this differ from the 'non-English' tag?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Parhe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:The tags are there for search purposes, how would this differ from the 'non-English' tag?

Non English may come as meaning excluding English. I think it's suppose to. Multilingual can include English; maybe some people speak only English, some speak only, as an example, Arabic, and some, or most, can speak both. Or one of those primarily Arabic regions (sorry I am trying to remember) may have some individuals who can speak some English and the region may also be welcomed to diaspora that may not be fluent or outsiders. Either scenario can be the basis of a healthy community or region.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Astrakha
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrakha » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Parhe wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:The tags are there for search purposes, how would this differ from the 'non-English' tag?

Non English may come as meaning excluding English. I think it's suppose to. Multilingual can include English; maybe some people speak only English, some speak only, as an example, Arabic, and some, or most, can speak both. Or one of those primarily Arabic regions (sorry I am trying to remember) may have some individuals who can speak some English and the region may also be welcomed to diaspora that may not be fluent or outsiders. Either scenario can be the basis of a healthy community or region.

Exactly .

The non-english tag almost gives off an impression of if you don't know how to speak the primary language that's being spoken on the regional message board then please don't speak on the regional message board. While a multilingual tag comes across as much more friendly and varying possibilities behind it that encourage those who notice to ask the region's founder and or regional delegate.

Return to Technical