NATION

PASSWORD

Can't create nation or log in :O

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aqaluin
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Can't create nation or log in :O

Postby Aqaluin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm at my friends house now and using his internet because my IP address appears to be banned from using NationStates. When I create an account I get this message:

You are not permitted to create new nations.

and when I try to log in, I get this message:

Sorry, you appear to be using a proxy service that is banned from logging into NationStates.

I'm not using any proxy or VPN. I used to play NationStates with 4 nations, only one of which was a member of the WA, as per the rules, and so I find it odd that I was banned.
Any help appreciated :)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Your IP was temp-banned for excessive failures.
Sun Jul 26 15:55:46 2015: Blocked new nation "Aqaluin" due to excessive failures from [the IP you mentioned in your GHR]

I wasn't there, so I don't know if the failures were on your end, or a problem with your ISP, or whatever. I do know that we log 1-2 of those a day from somebody or other, and they eventually reset automatically after [45 minutes, maybe?] an appropriate period.

Next time you have a complaint gameside and you file a Getting Help request, you might want to include contact information.

Aqaluin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqaluin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Your IP was temp-banned for excessive failures.
Sun Jul 26 15:55:46 2015: Blocked new nation "Aqaluin" due to excessive failures from [the IP you mentioned in your GHR]

I wasn't there, so I don't know if the failures were on your end, or a problem with your ISP, or whatever. I do know that we log 1-2 of those a day from somebody or other, and they eventually reset automatically after [45 minutes, maybe?] an appropriate period.

Next time you have a complaint gameside and you file a Getting Help request, you might want to include contact information.

Alright, thanks :)
It's still not working, but I'll give it some time and hopefully it will work later.

Aqaluin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqaluin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:29 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Your IP was temp-banned for excessive failures.

It worked later yesterday, but today it's not working again.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Tue Jul 28 09:28:53 2015: Denied manual login attempt to [IP redacted] (Aqaluin) due to access via TOR.

You can't log into our site from TOR. We've got that blocked due to anonymous spammers and hack attempts.

I don't know what you're doing on your end, but on our end things are fine.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:34 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Tue Jul 28 09:28:53 2015: Denied manual login attempt to [IP redacted] (Aqaluin) due to access via TOR.

You can't log into our site from TOR. We've got that blocked due to anonymous spammers and hack attempts.

I don't know what you're doing on your end, but on our end things are fine.

What if we send you an IP Address to whitelist? Or would that not work? I know some websites where I used to do some moderation on a while back, and they had banned proxies. However, if an IP Address was sent into a Whitelist, then the site server would ignore the proxy restriction based on IP.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:What if we send you an IP Address to whitelist? Or would that not work?

No, it wouldn't work. We don't have a whitelist, and we don't want one.

Was that really something that required gravedigging a two-year dead thread?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical