NATION

PASSWORD

Patreon for Nationstates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
General Bobo
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Patreon for Nationstates

Postby General Bobo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 am

Nationstates acquiring a patreon account would give them more funding for the site which means they will be able to hire more moderators, new servers, new content or issues ,minor and major bug fixes, and more features like maybe an Army tab and the ability to actually declare war upon your enemies and more events. What do YOU guys think? :?:

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:04 am

General Bobo wrote:Nationstates acquiring a patreon account would give them more funding for the site which means they will be able to hire more moderators, new servers, new content or issues ,minor and major bug fixes, and more features like maybe an Army tab and the ability to actually declare war upon your enemies and more events. What do YOU guys think? :?:

Sounds to much like NS2
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:04 am

Hmmm that doesn't seem like a bad idea, can't see anything wrong with it.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:07 am

Moved to Technical.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:07 am

Moderators aren't paid, issues are usually made by volunteers, bugs are fixed all the time, and the whole army thing will never happen.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:07 am

Kyuji wrote:
General Bobo wrote:Nationstates acquiring a patreon account would give them more funding for the site which means they will be able to hire more moderators, new servers, new content or issues ,minor and major bug fixes, and more features like maybe an Army tab and the ability to actually declare war upon your enemies and more events. What do YOU guys think? :?:

Sounds to much like NS2

Well, a patreon account would be for those people who would like to pay. Not that anyone needs to.

In my opinion, there is no point to it, cuz you can help out NS by buying things from the store
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:08 am

1) This would be better in Technical than General
2) I don't think giving Max money is going to persuade him to add more features. Plus, why put those features in when you can just RP them?
3) Moderators aren't paid (but they do take bribes on occasion...)
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:27 am

Oh, and what am I, chopped fucking liver? Seriously, there are already plenty of mods. Sure, we're not "hired" for paid work but we're selected/nominated for the position, which well unpaid gives us special powers the general users of NS won't ever know.

We've had new servers within the last couple of years, we've had new features and additions (check the news section) and bugs get fixed as they're noticed. The site already has its own fund-raising mechanism.

Notice the "Store" link? Yep, that's how we get funding.

If you see a bug, report it. As for war.... see the "International Incidents" forum? You can declare war on your enemies there.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

The Agnostic Collective
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Agnostic Collective » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:27 pm

There will never be an official "war" system in NationStates. If you've read the home page, it clearly says:

"NationStates is a nation simulation game.
Create a nation according to your
political ideals
and care for its people. Or deliberately oppress them.
It's up to you.
"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical