NATION

PASSWORD

[QUESTION] Does NS Control Official Forum's Tech?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Trelatche
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

[QUESTION] Does NS Control Official Forum's Tech?

Postby Trelatche » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:36 am

Is this forum hosted elsewhere? And does the staff here have the power to add in new technical features or modify them? Just wanted to be sure before offering suggestions on improvement.
An Independent NationStates News Source :
Read THE MEDIETE JOURNAL -- PART OF UNSMG, UBU & THE INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING GROUP
VISIT TRELATCHE'S BUSINESSES & ORGANIZATIONS AT GLOBAL ECONOMICS & TRADE:
UNITED NATIONSTATES MULTIMEDIA GROUP (OPEN) -- NEWS FEED (OPEN) | MEDIETE STOCK EXCHANGE (OPEN) | TRELATCHE COMPUTING DEVELOPMENT (OPEN)
GLOBAL ECONOMICS & TRADE CENTRAL SECURITY (OPEN) | PEARSON MOTORS (OPEN) | ETV CORPORATION (OPEN)

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:39 am

The forums here are self-hosted and moderated by the same staff that moderates the actual game. (There are some moderators that only moderate the forums, but there's only one team.) No middlemen involved.
Last edited by Phydios on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Trelatche wrote:does the staff here have the power to add in new technical features or modify them?

The power, yes. The desire, not so much.

Adding custom mods causes difficulty in applying updates and upgrades. There are some basic things we can do via standard settings, but we're not looking for ways to modify those settings. And if you're asking us to add the ability to embed videos or music or such, we've made a conscious decision to NOT do so.

Return to Technical