NATION

PASSWORD

[IDEA] Templates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ahudl
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

[IDEA] Templates

Postby Ahudl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 am

Whatever you want to call them (Templates, Blocks, etc). I used to have a nation (of which is now inactive), named Xiqenj. I had to make it the Empire of Xiqenj, when I wanted it to be the Xiqenj Dynasty. What would you say about making templates/blocks/whatever which shows where you want your classification?

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Ahudl wrote:Whatever you want to call them (Templates, Blocks, etc). I used to have a nation (of which is now inactive), named Xiqenj. I had to make it the Empire of Xiqenj, when I wanted it to be the Xiqenj Dynasty. What would you say about making templates/blocks/whatever which shows where you want your classification?

I don't quite understand what you mean. Can't you select daily issues and mould your country into whatever you want? So what is the point of these templates you are proposing then?
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:37 am

Luxdonia wrote:
Ahudl wrote:Whatever you want to call them (Templates, Blocks, etc). I used to have a nation (of which is now inactive), named Xiqenj. I had to make it the Empire of Xiqenj, when I wanted it to be the Xiqenj Dynasty. What would you say about making templates/blocks/whatever which shows where you want your classification?

I don't quite understand what you mean. Can't you select daily issues and mould your country into whatever you want? So what is the point of these templates you are proposing then?

Pretty sure he asking about being able to customize his nation customization more than just having it being 'The [Whatever] of Nationland'., like being able to do stuff like having your classification be stuff like 'The Nationland [Whatever]'.

Now I'm not an admin or whatever, so I can't state "This will not happen", but I can state that stuff like this has been proposed before and the admins have states they won't do it, I think due to impersonation reasons. (Like someone could be called 'The Republic of Nationland Empire' , with The Republic of being the custom pretitle, but someone else could do 'The Republic of Nationland Empire' with 'Empire' being the customization a the end)
Last edited by Aikoland on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:23 am

Aikoland wrote:
Luxdonia wrote:I don't quite understand what you mean. Can't you select daily issues and mould your country into whatever you want? So what is the point of these templates you are proposing then?

Pretty sure he asking about being able to customize his nation customization more than just having it being 'The [Whatever] of Nationland'., like being able to do stuff like having your classification be stuff like 'The Nationland [Whatever]'.

Now I'm not an admin or whatever, so I can't state "This will not happen", but I can state that stuff like this has been proposed before and the admins have states they won't do it, I think due to impersonation reasons. (Like someone could be called 'The Republic of Nationland Empire' , with The Republic of being the custom pretitle, but someone else could do 'The Republic of Nationland Empire' with 'Empire' being the customization a the end)

I understand now but I am unsure how that would be technically done. It would require a great deal of work for the Administration team and seeing the many gameplay related changes are coming soon, I doubt they would have the time to devote to this project.

An idea for the future maybe but not anytime soon.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Return to Technical