NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Telegram / Stamps Bug

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Mass Telegram / Stamps Bug

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:02 am

I'm given to understand that Kazmr has encountered a problem which looks to me like a bug.

Being recently elected WA Delegate, Kazmr cannot use the free regional TG option. However, they do have more stamps than there are nations in the region. The Telegram page does not, however, care. It says "WA Delegates may send free Mass Telegrams to their region once they have held the office for at least 26 hours" anyway.
Last edited by Zemnaya Svoboda on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:04 am

Hi,

Kazmr has only been in delegate office for 3 hours at time of posting. The new TG system does not allow new executive delegates to send free regional telegrams straight away, regardless of how many stamps they have.

It is only after 26 hours after election that they will be able to send regional telegrams without spending stamps.

--CR

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:07 am

Hmm... is this valid and in effect if WAD moves out of the region where his/hers nation is just elected to delegate? Is it possible use those stamps from outside of the region for sending TGs to nations inside the region? I don't honestly know.
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:17 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Hi,

Kazmr has only been in delegate office for 3 hours at time of posting. The new TG system does not allow new executive delegates to send free regional telegrams straight away, regardless of how many stamps they have.

It is only after 26 hours after election that they will be able to send regional telegrams without spending stamps.

--CR

I believe Elu is agreeing he shouldn't be able to do it for free, but says he also cannot pay to do so (as we would think he should be able to do).
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 am

Not an easy workaround, but is he able to send a telegram (with stamps) by listing every nation in the region? I think you can pull a list of region-members via the API ...
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 am

Weed wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Hi,

--CR

I believe Elu is agreeing he shouldn't be able to do it for free, but says he also cannot pay to do so (as we would think he should be able to do).

Correct. I know I can't send a free TG, but I have enough stamps for the entire region. However the game just seems ro default to assuming I want a free one and won't let me send one at all.

Thanks for the suggestion Mouse!
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 am

Kazmr wrote:
Weed wrote:I believe Elu is agreeing he shouldn't be able to do it for free, but says he also cannot pay to do so (as we would think he should be able to do).

Correct. I know I can't send a free TG, but I have enough stamps for the entire region. However the game just seems ro default to assuming I want a free one and won't let me send one at all.

Thanks for the suggestion Mouse!

I just hope it won't kill the TG system to have you enter a few thousand nation names on the TG page. :P
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical