NATION

PASSWORD

Suggestion

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Union of Klotecnia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Suggestion

Postby The Union of Klotecnia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

What timezone is the NS set (next update etc.) in? Speaking of it, Nationstates should add a setting where you could adjust/change the timezone to your location. This I think will be helpful so a NS player will know when the next update is.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:43 pm

The updates occur at midnight/noon EST.

EDIT: To clarify, that's when the update *starts*. That's when any WA resolutions are processed. (proposals removed from the queue if they don't have enough proposals, go to vote/finish voting, etc.) Regions are updated in a given order. My current region updates maybe 10 minutes after update starts, but if memory serves, the update lasts about 90 minutes or so now. (*I'm sure a Gameplayer could update that or clarify that more specifically.) At some point during that period, your nation will "update," and your issues will be processed. Also, your endorsement count - if any - will be updated, if you're a WA member.
Last edited by Mousebumples on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

The Union of Klotecnia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Klotecnia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 am

Mousebumples wrote:The updates occur at midnight/noon EST.

EDIT: To clarify, that's when the update *starts*. That's when any WA resolutions are processed. (proposals removed from the queue if they don't have enough proposals, go to vote/finish voting, etc.) Regions are updated in a given order. My current region updates maybe 10 minutes after update starts, but if memory serves, the update lasts about 90 minutes or so now. (*I'm sure a Gameplayer could update that or clarify that more specifically.) At some point during that period, your nation will "update," and your issues will be processed. Also, your endorsement count - if any - will be updated, if you're a WA member.

Thanks, the update will happen at 14:00 (2:00pm) Australian Eastern Standard Time in my location.

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 am

Would there be any idea if a Start (and process) of an updates would be clearly displayed somewhere in the site, maybe on Activity page, or maybe even every single region and nation pages, in way it would be always clear for every players when next update start and when it's going on? For example text like:

"Next [major/minor] update starts in 3h 43 minutes"

with countdown, when update is not going on and..

"[Major/minor] Update in progress"

when update is going on.

It's not always that easy tell to people/figure out when next update starts, particularly during times when daylight savings are changed in different timezones/nations different time.

Also, information concerning nations' and regions' status wouldn't be bad thing either, displayed directly in corresponding nation and region pages: "Updated / Not updated". Maybe that way it would be easier for people figure out this very basic aspect of the game functioning.
Last edited by Shogun on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:59 am

Shogun wrote:Also, information concerning nations' and regions' status wouldn't be bad thing either

This is definitely on the admin's list. It's not just a simple change, though, as there are game balance questions to be considered due to the Raiding/Defending game. It might be implemented when the admins have completed their analysis of how it impacts gameplay. And no, I don't have a timeline for that, so please don't ask. "Sometime in the current century" is as close as I'm willing to posit.

Return to Technical