NATION

PASSWORD

Nation is changing without me doing anything?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Creatle
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Nation is changing without me doing anything?

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:59 pm

My nation has been messing up ever since i made it. I get more then 2 issues (noramlly 4) every day and all my stats tend to change after i have passed the first two issues. So i believe that whatever is causing this thinks that a day is only 12 hours long instead of 24...would like to know if anye else is expieriencing this problem
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Creatle wrote:I get more then 2 issues (noramlly 4) every day

No you don't. I've looked at your logs, and you get exactly two a day, just like everyone else who signs up for two a day. I notice that you don't always log in every day, so sometimes there will be 4 or 5 waiting for you, but you're still getting two a day.

As for the rest of your commentary, I have no idea what you're talking about. When you answer issues - one at a time or 5 at a time - all of the effects are processed at the next update. Just like everyone else.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Creatle wrote:I get more then 2 issues (noramlly 4) every day

No you don't. I've looked at your logs, and you get exactly two a day, just like everyone else who signs up for two a day. I notice that you don't always log in every day, so sometimes there will be 4 or 5 waiting for you, but you're still getting two a day.

As for the rest of your commentary, I have no idea what you're talking about. When you answer issues - one at a time or 5 at a time - all of the effects are processed at the next update. Just like everyone else.

I believe he was just realizing that NS servers break the day into the Updates.
Last edited by Valrifell on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:03 pm

? no im not kidding, some days im always online and when I am I usually receive 2 in the morning then 2 as soon as my clock turns 12PM, its kinda weird, because all of this happens in the same day

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Creatle wrote:? no im not kidding, some days im always online and when I am I usually receive 2 in the morning then 2 as soon as my clock turns 12PM, its kinda weird, because all of this happens in the same day

The issue log for your nation doesn't support what you're saying. You've been receiving one issue an update. You received one issue this last update.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:27 am

Maybe my nation is corrupt, oh man I really hope it isn't because if it has to be removed I don't think I will have the energy to start from scratch again

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:42 am

I don't know, there must be something wrong, I just received my THIRD issue, and please don't delete my nation, ive spent so much time I don't have the heart to start again

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:38 am

Creatle wrote:I don't know, there must be something wrong, I just received my THIRD issue, and please don't delete my nation, ive spent so much time I don't have the heart to start again

When did you receive your third issue? Theoretically this should have happened eight and a half hours ago
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:19 am

Creatle wrote:I don't know, there must be something wrong, I just received my THIRD issue, and please don't delete my nation, ive spent so much time I don't have the heart to start again

Here's your own happenings
Creatle's happenings wrote:
  • 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
  • 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, only adults may purchase violent video games.
  • 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
  • 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, the government has become increasingly militant.
  • 13 hours ago: Creatle altered its national flag.
  • 2 days 7 hours ago: Creatle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
  • 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
  • 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
  • 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Creatle, citizens re-mortgage their homes to buy lottery tickets.

You get 2 issues a day. You answered four issues within the last 24 hours, meaning that you missed an issue yesterday. They were stored and waiting for you to answer them (I believe you can store up to 5 issues this way before it stops giving you new ones).

If you had been getting 4 issues every day.... we'd need to see something like....

9 hours ago: Some legislation was applied * 4
1 day 9 hours: Some legislation was applied * 4
2 days 9 hours ago: Some legislation was applied * 4

And that isn't what we see in your happenings. Luna and Frisbeeteria have both confirmed that you are only getting two issues a day. Yet you seem to be demanding that you are getting 4 issues a day... are you simply missing days? So instead of getting 4 issues a day, you're getting 4 issues every 2 days (they occur whether you log on or not).
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:42 am

No. You didn't.

Before last night's update you had 4 open issues. Those processed with the update and you were given a new issue, Issue #166. No other issues have been assigned to you since then.

You are mistaken.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:09 am

By any chance, are you looking at the Notices tab instead of the Issues tab? That seems unlikely, but it's the only explanation I can think of. Unless you're just making up this story to get attention and waste peoples' time. And in my opinion, that's equally likely, due to how bizarre it is and how you persist even after two people have said you're wrong, but I'm assuming good faith.

If you're claiming to actually see two or three or more issues appear on your Issues page with each update, then I'll be the third person to say that that's not happening. The game just can't do that. A corruption of your nation (which I don't think is possible either) wouldn't cause you to get more issues; whatever sends out the issues would have to malfunction. And if that happened, every nation would be affected. So yeah. You're either mistaken or lying.

Edit: To clarify, it is possible to have four issues waiting every time you log in. If that's the case, you need to realize that with your current settings, you get one issue every 12 hours, regardless of whether or not you're online, until you have five that have not been answered. So if you only get on NS every two days, you will indeed have four or five issues each time- but only because the issues pile up even in your absence. You still only get two per day.
And once again, your claim of receiving a third issue in the middle of the morning (EST) is impossible. You only get issues around midnight and noon. (Note that I said around midnight and noon; updates aren't instant, so all nations don't get updated at the same time.)
And now that I think about it...if your nation has been "messing up" since it was founded, why did you wait over six weeks to report the problem?
Last edited by Phydios on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 am

By the way, as your nation is a member of the WA its stats will also change whenever a GA resolution gets passed.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Ok ill take a picture when I get my first two issues and then ill take another picture once I usually get 4

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Creatle wrote:Ok ill take a picture when I get my first two issues and then ill take another picture once I usually get 4

Please do so. Then we can say more than "your story is impossible" or "you're mistaken; the game logs don't support you".

Also, you've ignored every question asked of you in this thread, as well as three rebuttals from people that can actually see what issues you get. I'm finding it harder to believe that you're not just causing trouble here, but I'll still assume good faith.
Last edited by Phydios on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:13 pm

well anyway what kind of loser wastes his time tricking administrators just to get a good laugh, definantly not me. I only got 3 yesterday, I just received my first issue today about 1 hour ago. also just to be sure your not gonna delete my account if I can get evidence are you? I really hope not because ive spnent so much time on this site, its a lot of fun

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Creatle wrote:well anyway what kind of loser wastes his time tricking administrators just to get a good laugh, definantly not me. I only got 3 yesterday, I just received my first issue today about 1 hour ago. also just to be sure your not gonna delete my account if I can get evidence are you? I really hope not because ive spnent so much time on this site, its a lot of fun

What was the issue about?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Creatle wrote:also just to be sure your not gonna delete my account if I can get evidence are you?

No.

Creatle wrote:I only got 3 yesterday, I just received my first issue today about 1 hour ago

No, you didn't. That may have been when you noticed it, but it was delivered over 5 hours ago.

Here are your actual nation logs. The timestamps are the PST time when you got the issue. The I:### is the issue number you got. As of this writing, you haven't answered the latest one, issue 101.
'Thu Apr 16 09:10:52 2015 I:262',
'Thu Apr 16 21:15:51 2015 I:180',
'Fri Apr 17 09:10:59 2015 I:89',
'Fri Apr 17 21:15:53 2015 I:207',
'Sat Apr 18 09:10:36 2015 I:60',
'Sat Apr 18 21:15:19 2015 I:100',
'Sun Apr 19 09:11:00 2015 I:188',
'Sun Apr 19 21:15:36 2015 I:166',
'Mon Apr 20 09:11:10 2015 I:101',

Go ahead and post your images, but server logs don't lie. Memories do.

Dukats
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukats » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:30 pm

It must be Illuminati.But seriously I see no problem.You get more issues what bad about that.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:43 pm

well its not just that though, I probs should've brought this up before, most of the time my nation does stuff idont want it to do, like I think it passed a legislation that required my government and citiens to extend their mortage...I never remembered doing anything that should affect that

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:46 pm

And 13 days ago I had an issue that says postmen selling junk mail, I specifically remember that I dismissed the issue because I didn't want to do anything with it but apparently they are now getting arrested for selling junk mail as home insulation, that's some evidence of my second problem ill try and upload when I get 3/4 issues though

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Creatle wrote:also just to be sure your not gonna delete my account if I can get evidence are you?

No.

Creatle wrote:I only got 3 yesterday, I just received my first issue today about 1 hour ago

No, you didn't. That may have been when you noticed it, but it was delivered over 5 hours ago.

Here are your actual nation logs. The timestamps are the PST time when you got the issue. The I:### is the issue number you got. As of this writing, you haven't answered the latest one, issue 101.
'Thu Apr 16 09:10:52 2015 I:262',
'Thu Apr 16 21:15:51 2015 I:180',
'Fri Apr 17 09:10:59 2015 I:89',
'Fri Apr 17 21:15:53 2015 I:207',
'Sat Apr 18 09:10:36 2015 I:60',
'Sat Apr 18 21:15:19 2015 I:100',
'Sun Apr 19 09:11:00 2015 I:188',
'Sun Apr 19 21:15:36 2015 I:166',
'Mon Apr 20 09:11:10 2015 I:101',

Go ahead and post your images, but server logs don't lie. Memories do.

wait hang on...is it anychance the server runs for me at the Pacific Standard Time instead of my timezone? possibly that is what is wrong...I live in Australia so the time zones shouldn't be a lot different so it might possibly be that...I don't know...

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Creatle wrote:well its not just that though, I probs should've brought this up before, most of the time my nation does stuff idont want it to do, like I think it passed a legislation that required my government and citiens to extend their mortage...I never remembered doing anything that should affect that

Welcome to NationStates. There is no "best" option in issues; every one helps something and hurts something else. The only way to lessen unintentional effects is to read the options carefully and see if it's been discussed by other players somewhere.

Creatle wrote:And 13 days ago I had an issue that says postmen selling junk mail, I specifically remember that I dismissed the issue because I didn't want to do anything with it but apparently they are now getting arrested for selling junk mail as home insulation

Then you didn't dismiss the issue, regardless of what your memory says. The game can only do what it is told to do, and if it were to malfunction, you would not be the only one affected.
Last edited by Phydios on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Creatle wrote:wait hang on...is it anychance the server runs for me at the Pacific Standard Time instead of my timezone? possibly that is what is wrong...I live in Australia so the time zones shouldn't be a lot different so it might possibly be that...I don't know...

No. No chance whatsoever. The server runs the same way for everyone no matter where they are in the world.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:57 pm

...hmmm...ok now I feel really stupid I didn't think of this before...I only received 3 issues but what I think is happening is it is sending really late at night so I think I may have just been mistaken...

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:49 pm

hmmm, this isn't a problem or anything but it does concern me. I have realised though that when I do my issues they are implemented in my nation around noon? im probably missing something and im just stupid but I thought it was suppose to take 24 hours for the legislation to be approved?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical