NATION

PASSWORD

Re: Don't break the chain

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Gamayun
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Re: Don't break the chain

Postby Gamayun » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:18 pm

So, I just read the newest news update, and I have a question pertaining to the first ever released chain: is there any way to tell whether or not I may have dismissed this issue in the past if I can't remember whether or not I've ever had it? Sometimes I defer on issues in my nation when I am not sure what the best course of action is yet, and plan on addressing the issue when it pops up again, or maybe putting it off again if I'm still unsure. But now, with the news that the Chain is a one-off, and this being the account of my serious nation into which I have poured a lot of time, love and care, I'm wondering: could I have missed it? And is there any way to even find out? I'm referring, of course, to the "Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend!" issue, and am actually kind of worried that I've cheated my nation (which has been getting the same old issues for a really long time now) out of some fresh avenue that it could have went down

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Gamayun wrote:So, I just read the newest news update, and I have a question pertaining to the first ever released chain: is there any way to tell whether or not I may have dismissed this issue in the past if I can't remember whether or not I've ever had it? Sometimes I defer on issues in my nation when I am not sure what the best course of action is yet, and plan on addressing the issue when it pops up again, or maybe putting it off again if I'm still unsure. But now, with the news that the Chain is a one-off, and this being the account of my serious nation into which I have poured a lot of time, love and care, I'm wondering: could I have missed it? And is there any way to even find out? I'm referring, of course, to the "Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend!" issue, and am actually kind of worried that I've cheated my nation (which has been getting the same old issues for a really long time now) out of some fresh avenue that it could have went down

It's a brand-new issue, so you shouldn't have gotten it yet.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Gamayun wrote:So, I just read the newest news update, and I have a question pertaining to the first ever released chain: is there any way to tell whether or not I may have dismissed this issue in the past if I can't remember whether or not I've ever had it? Sometimes I defer on issues in my nation when I am not sure what the best course of action is yet, and plan on addressing the issue when it pops up again, or maybe putting it off again if I'm still unsure. But now, with the news that the Chain is a one-off, and this being the account of my serious nation into which I have poured a lot of time, love and care, I'm wondering: could I have missed it? And is there any way to even find out? I'm referring, of course, to the "Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend!" issue, and am actually kind of worried that I've cheated my nation (which has been getting the same old issues for a really long time now) out of some fresh avenue that it could have went down

It's a brand-new issue, so you shouldn't have gotten it yet.

You sure i got it on one of my puppets
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Glasbyd
Attaché

Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Glasbyd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Kyorgia wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:It's a brand-new issue, so you shouldn't have gotten it yet.

You sure i got it on one of my puppets

It's just been released, so odds are the OP hasn't gotten it yet, and if he has, it was very recently, probably no earlier than yesterday.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 am

You didn't get it on Gamayun.

We published the News Post before we put the issue live in game so people would be aware before hand.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Gamayun
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gamayun » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:58 am

Sanctaria wrote:

You didn't get it on Gamayun.

We published the News Post before we put the issue live in game so people would be aware before hand.

Ah, alright, thank you for the info

Imperial States of Kiev
Political Columnist

Founded: May 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Did Not Get It Yet

Postby Imperial States of Kiev » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Are we suppose to get this issue soon or is it possible to take many months to get it? The issues being linked seem very interesting. I hope not to miss it.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Imperial States of Kiev wrote:Are we suppose to get this issue soon or is it possible to take many months to get it? The issues being linked seem very interesting. I hope not to miss it.

Just like every issue, it may come up in a day or a year. You can ask if you qualify for it, but after that, all you can do is wait.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Imperial States of Kiev wrote:Are we suppose to get this issue soon or is it possible to take many months to get it? The issues being linked seem very interesting. I hope not to miss it.

I believe you need to allow emigration and have a military; if you do, the issue will come up right away.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

A Native
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby A Native » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:

I believe you need to allow emigration and have a military; if you do, the issue will come up right away.

It will come up, but not necessarily right away.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Can mods check to see if some one has done gotten it yet?
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Religionous
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Religionous » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:14 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:Can mods check to see if some one has done gotten it yet?

I'm pretty sure the mods can see what issues you have at the moment.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:I believe you need to allow emigration and have a military; if you do, the issue will come up right away.

Once again, I will ask you to stop posting to Technical threads when you clearly do not know what you are talking about. You are very wrong, and it's getting more than a bit annoying to have to constantly correct "definitive" posts that you've made.

If the only way to make you stop is to forumban you, then that's what's going to happen. Knock it off. NOW.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:I believe you need to allow emigration and have a military; if you do, the issue will come up right away.

Once again, I will ask you to stop posting to Technical threads when you clearly do not know what you are talking about. You are very wrong, and it's getting more than a bit annoying to have to constantly correct "definitive" posts that you've made.

If the only way to make you stop is to forumban you, then that's what's going to happen. Knock it off. NOW.

I got that information from here.
Co-Author of SC #204

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Once again, I will ask you to stop posting to Technical threads when you clearly do not know what you are talking about. You are very wrong, and it's getting more than a bit annoying to have to constantly correct "definitive" posts that you've made.

I got that information from here.

It's the second half of your post that is wrong. "if you do, the issue will come up right away." It will not come up right away. It will be in your pool of issues as long as you qualify, but it will not pop up as soon as you qualify. IIRC, the game does tend towards giving you issues you haven't seen, but we've been adding quite a few issues lately, so the chain is by no means a guaranteed next issue if you qualify.

Imperial States of Kiev
Political Columnist

Founded: May 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial States of Kiev » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:45 am

Why does the chain issue need emigration? My nation until recently was a psychotic dictatorship that didn't want people leaving ( the issue had the reason for taxes, but the real reason was that I didn't want people spreading lies about me throughout the world). Is the chain issue worth having psycho criminals spreading lies about my glorious nation?

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am

Imperial States of Kiev wrote:Why does the chain issue need emigration?

Because the issue premise is based on emigrants from your nation being mistreated in a foreign country. If you have no such emigrants, it makes no sense for your nation to receive the issue.

If you don't want to change your nation's policies, but do want to try the issue, then create a puppet. Or you could just legalise emigration, try the chain, then ban emigration again.

A Native
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby A Native » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Is there any way to find if I have emigration? I don't remember all my past issues, and my records are incomplete.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:41 pm

A Native wrote:Is there any way to find if I have emigration? I don't remember all my past issues, and my records are incomplete.

I think you can ask an Issue Editor. Right here in this thread would probably be fine.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:51 am

Phydios wrote:
A Native wrote:Is there any way to find if I have emigration? I don't remember all my past issues, and my records are incomplete.

I think you can ask an Issue Editor. Right here in this thread would probably be fine.

We've done it before, but I don't want to set the precedent where we'll check if certain issues are available for certain nations if and when they ask.

If you're eligible for the issue, you will get it in time.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:44 am

Sanctaria wrote:We've done it before, but I don't want to set the precedent where we'll check if certain issues are available for certain nations if and when they ask.

If you're eligible for the issue, you will get it in time.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical