NATION

PASSWORD

Uses for Meta, Account, and Bulletin?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Peoples Commonwealth of Unity
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Uses for Meta, Account, and Bulletin?

Postby The Peoples Commonwealth of Unity » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Hey all, semi-new to ns. I've been wondering, what could I use Meta, Account, and the bulletin dispatches for? Could I maybe use Meta for how my government leans toward a certain issue? What do you use these dispatches for? Thanks for reading!

Carolusborg
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Carolusborg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:54 pm

While I cannot help you I'd suggest you ask in the technical forum. NationStates General is meant for non-NationStates discussion.
Pro: Constitutional Monarchism, Parliamentary Republicanism, Social liberalism
Anti: Robert Mugabe, ANC, Corruption, Tribalism, Fascism, Marxism, Absolute Monarchism
Compass: Economic Left: -1.5 and Social Authoritarian: 0.62
I am a nineteen-year-old white male studying PPE at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. I am now armed with four passports: British, South African, Swazi and Zimbabwean!
A typical and very normal day in South Africa.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Commonwealth of Unity » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:58 pm

So how do I delete the topic?

Carolusborg
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Carolusborg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:59 pm

The Peoples Commonwealth of Unity wrote:So how do I delete the topic?

Go to the moderation forum and ask for the thread to be moved or locked.
Last edited by Carolusborg on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Constitutional Monarchism, Parliamentary Republicanism, Social liberalism
Anti: Robert Mugabe, ANC, Corruption, Tribalism, Fascism, Marxism, Absolute Monarchism
Compass: Economic Left: -1.5 and Social Authoritarian: 0.62
I am a nineteen-year-old white male studying PPE at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. I am now armed with four passports: British, South African, Swazi and Zimbabwean!
A typical and very normal day in South Africa.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Commonwealth of Unity » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:08 am

Fixed itt

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:45 am

This is surely a gameplay question...

Nevermind. There are descriptions available right here.

Factbooks are about your nation a bit like wikipedia. Bulletins are role-play basically, they're about how your government stands so, opinions rather than facts, check the categories for clarification. You can consider Bulletins to be present tense, things that are actually right now (or at the time of writing) true.

Accounts are definitely role-play but are usually stories that have happened in the past. So you might write a military account of onboard a ship which takes place either in the past or future. It differs from bulletins in that they are not typically what your people at large think or what your government thinks. So where as your news channel (bulletin) might report that Ships have been sighted moving to x your Account->Military would explore the relationships between characters on those ships and things that they encounter, which may or may not be public to the nation at large.

Finally there is Meta. Meta is a greek prefix meaning ''beyond'', we use it commonly to get beyond the fourth wall or describe things that would not be know the characters. I have no idea what the Gameplay category is for, but when it speaks about reference, I take it to mean things like why your factbook is arranged the way it is. What your characters are actually like rather than have you've suggested them to be. Meta->Reference can also be described for rules of how your nation should interact to remind you of their character and so on.

They are a little confusing and the descriptions really could be better but this is my understanding so far. (Yes I fully expect to be shot for putting dispatches in the wrong places).
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:48 am

Enfaru wrote:This is surely a gameplay question...

Nevermind. There are descriptions available right here.

Factbooks are about your nation a bit like wikipedia. Bulletins are role-play basically, they're about how your government stands so, opinions rather than facts, check the categories for clarification. You can consider Bulletins to be present tense, things that are actually right now (or at the time of writing) true.

Accounts are definitely role-play but are usually stories that have happened in the past. So you might write a military account of onboard a ship which takes place either in the past or future. It differs from bulletins in that they are not typically what your people at large think or what your government thinks. So where as your news channel (bulletin) might report that Ships have been sighted moving to x your Account->Military would explore the relationships between characters on those ships and things that they encounter, which may or may not be public to the nation at large.

Finally there is Meta. Meta is a greek prefix meaning ''beyond'', we use it commonly to get beyond the fourth wall or describe things that would not be know the characters. I have no idea what the Gameplay category is for, but when it speaks about reference, I take it to mean things like why your factbook is arranged the way it is. What your characters are actually like rather than have you've suggested them to be. Meta->Reference can also be described for rules of how your nation should interact to remind you of their character and so on.

They are a little confusing and the descriptions really could be better but this is my understanding so far. (Yes I fully expect to be shot for putting dispatches in the wrong places).

Meta is more or less anything OOC, including things about yourself or the reasoning behind your choices and stuff in your nation.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

BPSR
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BPSR » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 am

An account involves articles and stories about your nation's people and bulletins address any gameplay. For example you endorsed a nation or become a delegate.
English: Teamwork is always terrific
Russo-English (My nation's language): Теамwорк is алwайs террiфic

Political Compass:
Economically: -10.0
Socially: -6.1

Results compared to UK parties of 2015
3 Axis Political Test:
75% Social freedom
0% Economic freedom
58% Political freedom

Anarcho-communism, Anti-Leninism, Atheism, Egalitarianism, Internationalism, Progressivism, Trade Unions, Proletarian

Fascism, Thatcherism, Free Market, (State)Capitalism, Libertarianism, Conservativism, Traditionalism, Theism, Feminism, Men's Rights Activists, Feudalism, Bourgeoisie, Daesh, Stalinism, Marxism-Leninism, Nationalism, Zionism, Liberalism, Centrism, National Bolshevism, Bolshevism (That doesn't mean I'm not a communist)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical